Latest open sources reports indicate that Egyptian security forces on Tuesday killed a number of suspected militants linked to the outlawed Muslim Brotherhood.
According to a report from Egypt’s Interior Ministry, the suspected militants were killed after a shootout with security forces in Fayoum, an oasis province southwest of Cairo and a traditional Brotherhood stronghold.
The assailants were also in possession of materials used to manufacture IEDs, including 100 plastic barrels of explosive materials and five bags of ammonium nitrate, officials revealed.
The Brotherhood won a series of elections in Egypt following the 2011 uprising that toppled longtime autocrat Hosni Mubarak, and Mohammed Morsi, a senior Brotherhood leader, became Egypt’s first freely elected president the following year.
His brief rule proved divisive, and the military overthrew him in 2013. Authorities outlawed the Brotherhood a few months later, declaring it a terrorist group.
The latest military operations on suspected militants came after an Islamic State affiliate in the Sinai Peninsula — which is not affiliated with the Brotherhood — killed 23 Egyptian soldiers in an attack on an outpost last week.
- Egyptian Army Kill 13 Militants in Troubled Sinai OSINT SUMMARY, May 24, 2016 Egyptian forces killed 13 militants during raids […]
- Egyptian Security Forces Kill Mohammed Kamal, a Muslim Brotherhood Leader in Overnight Shootout Egyptian security forces on Tuesday night killed a senior leader of the Muslim […]
- Pro-Morsi Politician Abul-Ela Mady Released after Pre-trial Detention in Egypt On Wednesday 12th August, Egypt opposition politician Abul-Ela Mady was released […]
- Egypt Police Shoot Out Kill 4 Suspected Militants in Combat Operation Near Cairo OSINT SUMMARY 8th February 2016, Egyptian police shot and killed four suspected […]
- Egyptian Security Forces Arrests 229 Muslim Brotherhood Supporters Egyptian security forces has arrested at lead 229 Muslim Brotherhood supporters over […]
- 111 Muslim Brotherhood Islamists in Egypt Receive Sentence of 25 Years in Jail A military court in Upper Egypt on Tuesday 28/3/2017 sentenced 111 Islamist loyalist […]
- Egyptian Army Kill 14 Terrorists in Central Sinai Operation Egyptian army in an operation conducted in central Sinai left 14 terrorists killed […]
- Egyptian Army Surgical Operations Kills 63 Militants in North Sinai OSINT Reports; Egypt’s army has launched airstrikes and ground operations that […]