On Monday14th and Tuesday 15th September, Nigeria’s military offensive dubbed ‘Operation Lafiya Dole’ has yielded substantive results in Borno State with recent attacks freeing women and children capture by the militants.
Banki, Kumshe and Bama axis of the Borno State are among the areas whose Boko haram were cleared from on Monday with Bolungu 1& 2, Bula Doye and Cheehi Dare on Tuesday.
Nigerian troops have in the recent weeks re-energized and changed strategy in the fight against Boko Haram in their main bases in Borno State. The new offensive has been dubbed ‘Operation Lafiya Dole’.
Operation Lafiya Dole that began operations after the appointment of Lieutenant General Tukur Buratai as Chief of Army Staff and a 3-month ultimatum to rid Nigeria of Boko Haram militants from the President Buhari.
Military Spokesman Sani Usman confirmed the clearing of 4 major camps of the Boko Haram around Banki, Kumshe and Bama axis of the Borno State on Monday 14th September. On Tuesday 15th , the military cleared camps the militants’ camps in Bolungu 1& 2, Bula Doye and Cheehi Dare.
The two days operation rescued dozens of women, children and secured the main bridge that links Miyanti and Banki towns.
The success of the operation in the recent weeks has been credited to the collaboration of ground troops and air force bombardment of the jihadists’ positions. The aerial tactical support paves the way for the ground troops to attack ferociously and with minimum casualties.
The new strategies employed by the Nigerian military backed by the multi-national task force have prompted many Boko Haram militants to surrender and submit their arms.
The offensive Operation Lafiya Dole will not stop until all area have been cleared and the militants surrender and are defeated not only in Nigeria where they have self- proclaimed as a caliphate of the Islamic State Takfiri and her neighbors like Cameroon and Chad where they are trying to regroup from.
- Nigerian Military to Build Weapons To End Dependence on West Highlights: Nigeria’s president on Friday during a military ceremony directed […]
- Army Battles Boko Haram & Rescues Over 240 Women, Children in Northeast Nigeria KEY HIGHLIGHTS On Wednesday 23rd September 2015, Nigerian army embanked on […]
- 200 Boko Haram Militants Surrender To Nigerian Troops In Banki Town Event Summary: Nigerian Military on September 25th announced a mass surrender of […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Nigeria Army Operations Rescues 324 Boko Haram Captives, 31 Militants Killed in Borno State OSINT SUMMARY 11th February 2016, during rescue operations, Nigeria Army managed […]
- Nigeria, Cameroon Joint Operations Leave 23 Boko Haram Terrorists Killed, 150 Captives Rescued OSINT SUMMARY Wednesday 24th February 2016, 23 Boko Haram terrorists were killed in a […]
- At Least 1000 people rescued from Boko Haram in Dikwa, Borno State in Nigeria February 4, 2016: More than 1000 civilians were rescued from Boko Haram militants in a […]
- Nigerian Air Force Strikes Leaves 15 Boko Haram Terrorists Dead in Borno State OSINT SUMMARY June 20, 2016, latest military reports from Nigeria indicate […]