The American government has joined a coalition of Sunni regimes that are fighting against Houthi militants in Yemen. America, together with Egypt, Sudan, Morocco, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Jordan and Kuwait are fighting alongside ISIL and AQC (Al Qaeda Central) terrorists to counter Houthi military advances; as part of a Sunni coalition led by Saudi Arabia. The central leadership of the al Qaeda terror group currently resides in Yemen.
American involvement in the Sunni-Shiite sectarian conflicts further emboldens Islamic radicalism besides exposing the US to terror attacks. The present US regime has shown a proclivity for supporting Sunni political powers much to the detriment of the Middle East as such support has emboldened Shiite grievances against the US.
The current US administration has allowed Saudi Arabia to greatly influence its Middle East policies as well as foster sectarian division among Muslims. The Saudis alongside Qataris have sponsored a variety of Sunni Islamist terror groups around the world as well as provided covert resources to Sunni jihadists presently fighting the Iraqi and Syrian governments.
Iran is now embroiled in a legitimate war in Iraq as the Shiite nation seeks to avert ISIL infiltration of the Iranian mainland as well as lessen ISIL persecution of religious minorities in Iraq and Syria. It is imperative that US and Western nations support Iran in its war against Sunni Islamist terror.
- Sunni Coalition Launch Operation Firmness Storm against Shiites Militants in Yemen Saudi Arabia - the hegemon in the Gulf region, has committed over 150,000 ground troops […]
- War in Yemen Could Lead to Total Collapse of Yemen and an Uprise of More Militant Groups The ongoing civil war in Yemen could possibly take a turn of events leading into a […]
- Arab Responds to Yemen’s Call for Military Intervention in Battle against the Houthis Houthi’s growing influence in Yemen will now face bombardment following Arab’s […]
- UAE Suspends Combat Missions Against ISIL. The US has confirmed that UAE has stopped conducting aerial missions against ISIL […]
- Saudi Military Buildup along its Border with Yemen, Contemplates Direct Military Intervention to Oust Houthis Saudi Arabia has moved a significant number of troops alongside considerable military […]
- U.S. President Barrack Obama Warns Iran against Supporting Yemen Houthis Yemen airstrikes led by Saudi Arabia come to an end as President Obama sternly warns […]
- Iran Offers Assistance to Counter Boko Haram Iran has offered to assist AU combat Boko Haram - the Nigerian terror group whose […]
- Ceasefire Declared In Yemen As Saudi-Led Airstrikes End Paving Way For Peace Dialogue Saudi-led coalition on Tuesday has announced the end of the four week Saudi-led […]