The Al-Qaida-affiliated terrorists group Al-Shabaab is trying to improve its reputation by delivering food to parts of Somalia that are suffering from drought.
Al-Shabaab has resulted to blocking food aid and killing some humanitarian workers ferrying food supplies to these areas and in turn are taking over these services but only with an intention of winning minds and support of Somalia people.
Al-Shabaab has claimed to have distributed food in the six central and southern regions of Bay, Bakol, Mudug, Hiraan, Lower Shabelle and Galguduug.
On April 3, 2017, Al-Qaeda-affiliated Al-Shabaab terrorists kidnapped four aid workers in southern Somalia working for World Health Organisation (WHO).
The abduction took place after gunmen believed to be Al-Shabaab fighters attacked a car that the WHO workers were travelling in near Luuq town in Gedo region.
Several attacks on aid workers perpetrated by Al-Shabaab terrorists have happened in central and southern Somalia. The intention of these kidnappings is asking for ransom and stealing of aid supplies (Food, water and medicine).
The terrorist group in turn is reportedly distributing the stolen aid supplies to the areas under its control in a bid to win public support from the starving locals.
- Al-Shabaab Terrorists Kidnap Four WHO Workers in Southern Somalia Monday, April 3, 2017, Al-Qaeda-affiliated Al-Shabaab terrorists kidnapped four aid […]
- Somalia and African Union Forces Operation Kills 3 Al-Shabaab Militants in Bakool Region MOGADISHU, April 22, 2016 Somalia and African Union troops killed at least […]
- Al-Shabaab Lay Ambush on SNA Convoy in Bulo Barako, southern Somalia Al-Shabaab operatives on Monday evening laid an ambush on SNA troop’s convoy in […]
- Al-Shabaab Taking Advantage of Hunger Crisis to Drum up Support Al-Shabaab terrorist group is now taking advantage of hunger crisis that has hit the […]
- SNA, AU Forces Clash with Al-Shabaab Militants in Southern Somalia, 11 Terrorists Killed OSINT SUMMARY Reports from Somalia indicate that at least 11 terrorists have […]
- Bomb Explosion at Café Injures Seven in Southern Somalia At least seven innocent Somalis were wounded including one government official when a […]
- National Intelligence and Security Agency (NISA) Confiscate Illegal Weapons in Central Somalia ADADO TOWN, Somalia , March 7, 2016 The National Intelligence and security agency […]
- Senior Al Shabaab Commander In Diinsoor Arrested By ISWA Troops March 22, 2016: a senior al Shabaab commander was arrested in Diinsoor, Bay Region by […]