The militant who seems to have mastered only one style in most of their attacks drove an explosive laden car into a Somali army base at Laanta Buur 40km southwest of Mogadishu at about 1:30 am local time on Monday.
The militants after stormed with gunfire.
According to local residents, sound of light weapons and heavy artillery exchanging gunfire was heard.
SNA managed to respond to the attackers with casualties from both sides reported.
Bases of the AU-backed mission in Somalia (AMISOM) have been a regular target of the al Shabaab militant group which seeks to to topple the Western-backed government.
On Sunday SNA raided militants base in souther region of Mogadishu where they killed several militants and destroyed a the base used to store military arsenal.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Somali Special Forces End Siege at Nasahablod Hotel Mogadishu, Killing All Al-Shabaab Attackers On Tuesday 5th July 2016, Al-Shabaab attacked Nasahablod Hotel in Mogadishu killing […]
- Somali National Army (SNA) End Deadly Lido Beach Restaurant Siege OSINT SUMMARY On Thursday, Al-Shabaab claimed attack on Lido beach restaurant […]
- Al-Shabaab Suicide Vehicle-Borne Improvised Explosive Device (SVBIED) Surge Foretells Strategy EVENTS SUMMARY On 22 August 2015 Harakat al-Shabaab al-Mujahideen's Istishhadyin […]
- NISA Security Forces Seize Car Laden with IED-Bombs in Mogadishu NISA security forces on Sunday night seized a car laden with explosives in capital […]
- Al-Shabaab Attacks on AMISOM’s Burundian Base near Mogadishu, Repulsed OSINT SUMMARY Al-Shabaab militants on Tuesday night attempt to launch attacks […]
- Al-Shabaab Launch Attack on AMISOM’s Ethiopian Base, Repelled OSINT SUMMARY Military intelligence update from Somalia reveals that a heavy […]
- 2 Al-Shabaab Terrorists Captured in AMISOM & SNA Operations in Dharkenley, Mogadishu Somalia Latest military intelligence reports from Somalia indicate that the country’s […]