At least 45 Taliban and 10 Al-Qaeda insurgents were killed in latest raids conducted in different areas across Afghanistan in the past 24 hours.
Another 16 were wounded in different joint operations launched on Tuesday.
In a media statement, the ministry said army operations against the insurgents were conducted Laghman, Kunar, Kapisa, Wardak, Logar, Kandahar, Uruzgan, Zabul, Herat, Faryab, Baghlan, Faryab, and Helmand provinces.
The ministry also claimed that the security forces have seized huge cache of weapons, but did not provide details.
Separately, at least 29 Taliban insurgents were killed while the foreign airstrike targeted insurgents’ hideout in southern Paktika province, local official said Tuesday.
During the raids 29 Taliban insurgents including three commanders were killed and cache of ammunition was also destroyed.
The air raids come after the Taliban insurgent conducted deadly attacks against the security forces in the province last week.
- Nine ISIS Fighters Killed in Afghan Airstrike Nine (9) Islamic State (ISIS) militants were killed when the Afghan air force struck […]
- 27 Militants Killed in Afghan Intensified Airstrikes & Ground Offensive OSINT SUMMARY KABUL, February 10, 2016, a total of 27 militants have been killed in […]
- Afghan Army Kills 45 Taliban Militants in Airstrikes in Country’s South The Afghan Air Force killed at least 45 militants of the Taliban terrorist movement […]
- 11 Taliban Killed in Own Landmine Planted in Kandahar At eleven Taliban militants were killed in a roadside mine explosion in southern […]
- Airstrike in Helmand Leaves Taliban 6 Militants Dead, 4 Others Injured At least six insurgents were killed in an airstrike in southern Helmand province of […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- U.S. Drone Strike Kills 7 Extremists in Paktia Province, Afghanistan US drone strikes reportedly has killed seven (7) extremists in Paktia province, […]
- 50 Taliban Militants Give up Fighting, Surrenders in N. Afghanistan OSINT SUMMARY A 50-member cell of armed Taliban militants reportedly gave up […]