Nigerian army Spokesman Sani Usman said on Tuesday 16th February that the army had rescued an additional 350 Boko Haram captives among them 5 girls that had been kidnapped in Cameroon and killed 167 militants.
Usman said the rescue occurred amid ongoing clearance operations by the Nigerian troops across the restive northeastern Borno State region which has been Boko Haram’s stronghold.
The Nigerian army has freed an addition 350 Boko Haram captives in ongoing mop up operation in Borno state regions in northeastern Nigeria. The operation was mainly Gajibo, Maula, Gamai, Gamare, Maiwa, Warsale, Tangli, Tushi, Sowa, Hasanari, Changuwa, Malamaja and Marya towns in Mafa and Dikwa Local Government Areas in Borno State.
167 Boko Haram militants were killed, 2 arrested, AK-47 Riffles recovered, 21 motorcycles and 1 logistics trucks belonging to the terrorists were recovered in the operation that also rescued 5 girls kidnapped from Cameroon.
Nigeria has held their position that Boko Haram has been greatly degraded and largely defeated despite the frequent suicide bomber attacks which they have said is a clear indication that the militants cannot orchestrate large scale attacks due to lack of resources and operation against them.
- Nigeria Govt Face Pressure to Rescue Girls Kidnapped by Boko Haram 1,000 Days Ago Pressure is mounting on Nigerian govt to rescue the kidnapped school girls by the […]
- Nigeria, Cameroon Joint Operations Leave 23 Boko Haram Terrorists Killed, 150 Captives Rescued OSINT SUMMARY Wednesday 24th February 2016, 23 Boko Haram terrorists were killed in a […]
- Nigerian Army Kill 6 Boko Haram Insurgents in Borno State Nigerian Army killed six Boko Haram insurgents during a battle in Borno […]
- Nigerian Military Renewed Effort To Rescue Chibok Girls From Boko Haram Captivity OSINT SUMMARY Nigerian military has vowed to continue with effort to rescue […]
- Asymmetric War, Niger Army Operations Against Boko Haram DIFFA, Niger, March 10, 016 The national guard of Niger continues with patrols […]
- Nigerian Troops Repel Boko Haram Suicide Bombers, Kill 6 Militants MAIDUGURI, Nigeria, 17/2/2017: Latest military reports from Nigeria indicate at least […]
- 800 Boko Haram Hostages Freed in Nigerian Army Operations Latest military intelligence reports from Nigeria indicate that a total of 800 Boko […]
- Hope as Boko Haram Terrorist Group Releases 21 Chibok Girls Hope has been renewed after Boko Haram terrorist group released 21 kidnapped Chibok […]