Security report indicate that at least three Al-Shabaab operatives were on Monday gunned down by police in Wayu area of Tana River County.
The report further show that the three terror operatives have part of a group behind recent attacks targeting security agents in the area.
Deputy Commissioner Michael Kioni confirming of the raid noted that the intelligence-led operation was a success saying several rifles and ammunition from the suspects who were wearing jungle uniform were also recovered.
“They were ambushed by police and Kenya police reservists on Monday, and killed in a fierce gun fight,” Kioni said.
The authority also indicated that the three were on a mission to launch attacks during the holy month of Ramadhan. Their bodies were taken to Hola mortuary for forensic examination.
The National Intelligence Service (NIS) last Friday warned of possible attacks in the Coast region by al Shabaab operatives in the month of Ramadhan and called for beef-up security in several areas.
The spy agency said the terror group has activated fighters in parts of North Eastern and Coast to carry out sting attacks targeting security agents and civilians especially Christians who the terror group blame on sitting on ‘Muslim land’.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Kenya Security Forces Kill One Al-Shabaab Militant, Arrest 5 in Wajir County NEP One Suspected Al-Shabaab militant was shot dead by Kenya Security forces and 5 others […]
- Kenya Security Agencies UPDATES Alert on 7 Most Wanted Terrorists The Kenyan security agencies has renewed its hunt for seven most wanted terrorists by […]
- Government Hint to Lift Curfew in Mandera during Ramadhan Government has hinted intention to lift 6.30p.m-6.30a.m curfew in Mandera County during […]
- Kenya Security Agencies on Alert: U.S Revise Travel Advisory, Warns of Al-Shabaab Threats The State Department on Thursday 30th June 2016 revised its travel advisory for the […]
- KDF Kills 19 Al-Shabaab Militants in a Botched Attack in Afmadow Base, Somalia KDF Operational Update in Afmadow, March 17, 2016 An update by Kenya’s […]
- Al-Shabaab Arms Smuggler Arrested in Dadaab Refugee Camp DADAAB Kenya, March 14, 2016 A high ranking Al-Shabaab operative was over […]