10 Ugandan allied democratic forces rebels get death sentence for killing of innocent civilians in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
A DRC military court sentenced 10 Ugandan ADF militiamen to death for crimes against humanity, an official source has revealed.
"These 10 terrorists were given the heaviest sentence, the death penalty, by the Operational Court Martial of Beni," government spokesman Lambert Mende told Anadolu Agency.
According to Mende, the Ugandan ADF rebels were captured during a military operation that was started last year in Beni in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, near the Ugandan border.
They were convicted of terrorism, crimes against humanity, and rebellion charges, then handed a death sentence.
The same sentence was passed in sometimes in September against 10 other rebels of the same group; charged with killing innocent people in eastern Democratic Republic.
- Congolese Forces Kill 6 ADF Rebels in Eastern DRC OSINT SUMMARY Six Ugandan rebels of the Allied Democratic Forces (ADF) and a […]
- Museveni and Kabila Meets over ADF Bandits, Resolve to Share Intelligence to Crumble the Rebel Group KINSHASHA: Uganda’s President Yoweri Museveni on Thursday 4th August 2016 met […]
- 10 Killed as Army & Ugandan ADF Rebels Clash in DR Congo At least 10 people were killed Sunday night after a fierce clash between the DR Congo […]
- Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC): Seven Dead in Clashes with Ugandan Rebels On Sunday 31st August 2016, seven people were killed in clashes between Congolese […]
- France To Deploy 300 Special Forces Brigade to Train Soldiers In Congo OSINT SUMMARY France is set to send a contingent of 300 Special Forces to Congo, […]
- U.S. Military Ends Operation against Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) in Central Africa US military wrapped up an operation against the Lord’s Resistance Army […]
- IGAD Summit Concludes in Mogadishu, Member Countries Reaffirms Support to Somalia The 28th extra-ordinary session of the Inter-Governmental Authority on Development […]
- Deadly Clashes in Uganda Leaves 14 Police & 41 Tribal Insurgents Killed Ugandan police said on Sunday that 41 tribal insurgents and 14 police officers were […]