White House mourned the death of a Commando who was killed in the line of duty in an operation conducted on Al-Qaeda in Yemen marking the first combat death under President Trump.
An elite U.S Commando was killed and three others wounded during a counterterrorism raid targeting Al-Qaeda operatives’ Yemeni branch on Sunday.
President had approved the military operation in which 30 Al-Qaeda operatives were reportedly killed.
According to U.S military source, the Commandos were part of the Team 6, which conducted the early morning attack in a rural part of Yemen’s Bayda Province.
The operation saw three purported Al-Qaeda leaders reportedly killed. Trump was quoted saying the mission was successful yet regretted it cost an American life.
“Americans are saddened this morning with the news that a life of a heroic service member has been taken in our fight against the evil of radical Islamic terrorism,” Trump said in a statement. “The sacrifices made by the men and women of our armed forces, and the families they leave behind, are the backbone of the liberty we hold so dear as Americans, united in our pursuit of a safe nation and freer world.”
“My deepest thoughts and humblest prayers are with the family of this fallen service member,” he added. “I also pray for a quick and complete recovery for the brave service members who sustained injuries.”
Vice President Pence also released a statement on Sunday to honor the fallen soldier.
- U.S. Special Forces Kill 7 Al-Qaeda Operatives in Central Yemen in Raid American Special Operations forces conducted a new ground raid against Al-Qaeda’s Yemen […]
- AQAP Asks Followers to Fighter Back at U.S Following Yemen Raid Al-Qaeda’s offshoot in Yemen has asked its followers to come out and fight back […]
- Who Is Qasim Al-Raymi? Head of Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, Target of Navy SEAL Raid US Yemen raid targeted leader of Al-Qaeda branch in Arabian Peninsula […]
- U.S. Military Pound AQAP with More than 20 Airstrikes in Yemen U.S. military continues pounding on Al-Qaeda’s network in Yemen. In the past […]
- Suicide Bomber Detonates at Pakistani Hospital, Helpless Patients Casualties Reported In a suicide attack claimed by the Islamic State, it’s saddening that the […]
- U.S Drone Strike Kills Al-Qaeda Operatives in Yemen Pentagon has confirmed it U.S. has conducted more than 70 air strikes on […]
- U.S. Military Confirms 3 Airstrikes Killed 13 Al Qaeda Terrorists in Yemen OSINT SUMMARY U.S. in a statement issued from the Central command on Tuesday […]
- U.S. President Donald Trump Urge Muslim Nations to ‘Take the Lead’ in Combating Extremism U.S. President Donald Trump while addressing the leaders of dozens of Muslim-majority […]