While it is the dream of every parent to educate their child so that they can benefit and do good to themselves, family and the society at large a very worrying trend of wasted brains is emerging in the world.
Questions have emerged especially looking into the education system inn attempt to explain the reason behind very brilliant brains have turned into terrorists. Why would a very intelligent person with a great future ahead of them take part in atrocities and other inhumane activities?
Recommendations have been made to introduce a value-based education system that will see children from a very tender age have values that are embedded in them leaving very little room for brainwashing and avoiding the wasted brains.
Some of the wasted brains to terrorism include:
- Osama Bin Laden- who is said to have had an Economics degree who was the leader of Al-Qaeda
- Mohammed Atta- Architecture graduate of Cairo university- took part in the 9/11 World Trade Centre bombing
- Ayman Al-Zawahiri- medicine graduate from Cairo University and has a master’s degree in Surgery- took over Al-Qaeda after Osama’s death
- Mohammed Emwazi (Jihad John)- Information Systems degree from university of Westminster- the masked man behind ISIS
- Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab- Engineer from University College of London- the underwear bomber
- Abdirahim Mohammed Abdullahi- a graduate from University of Nairobi- Garissa university College Massacre in Kenya that killed 148 people
- Timothy McVeigh- computer programming from Bryant & Stratton College- 1995 killed 168 people after detonating a truck bomb
Listed are just some of the isolated cases but which have increasingly formed a pattern that is causing alarm. The same pattern is being witnessed in the recent ISIS recruits that have been caught trying to go to Syria. Most of the youth are in college and studying very prestigious courses a clear indicator of their intelligence.
These wasted brains evidently are responsible for very many deaths globally and measures need to be put in place to deal with the emerging trend of brilliant terrorists who are proving very lethal.