Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta has reiterated the prospects of Al Shabaab increasing terror attacks during the Holy month of Ramadhan. Similar forecasts have also been advanced by various intelligence sources.
On Wednesday 17th June 2015, Uhuru Kenyatta called upon the entire Muslim fraternity to remain vigilant as they celebrate the Holy month of Ramadhan. Kenyan security forces have also promised the Muslim community maximum security in the entire period.
Uhuru Kenyatta stressed the fact that Kenyan troops will stay put in Somalia until the country’s political strife ends.
Kenyan troops crossed into Somalia in 2011 to fight the Somali based jihadists, and later joined the African Union force, AMISOM, which is supporting Somalia’s internationally-backed government.
President Uhuru Kenyatta also urged Muslim fraternity to remain vigilant during Ramadhan. Kenya security agencies will continue working together to neutralize any potential threat on her citizenry and properties.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Commander-in-Chief of Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) Makes Surprise Visit to Kenyan Troops in Somalia President Uhuru Kenya, the Commander in Chief of Kenya Defence Forces (KDF), Saturday […]
- National Intelligence Service (NIS) Tasked to Preempt Corruption’s Threat to National Security of Kenya The President of the Republic of Kenya Uhuru Kenyatta issued a statement on Monday 23rd […]
- Returnee Militants Reveal Reality within Al Shabaab Terror Group Highlight Radicalized youths into Somali terror group Harakat Al Shabaab Al […]
- Chief of Defense Forces, General Samson Mwathethe Vows to Kick out Terrorists The 14th and 15th confrontation between the Kenya Defense Forces and Al Shabaab […]
- Somalia President Laud Kenyan Defenses Forces (KDF) Battling Al-Shabaab Kenya and Somalia on Thursday 23/3/2017 vowed to scale-up war against the extremist […]
- Kenya Vice Chief of the Defence Forces, President Uhuru Kenyatta Appoints Lt-Gen Joseph Kiptoo Kasaon President Uhuru Kenyatta recently appointed Lt-Gen Joseph Kasaon as the Kenya Vice Chief […]
- Increased Budgetary Allocations In The Security Docket To Strengthen Kenya’s Security Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta has said that his government will increase the budget […]