US plan to sell eight F-16fighter jets to Pakistan and its close ally on the fight against terror. The military procurement needs comes at time Islamabad appears to be diversifying it military procurements away from US.
If deal succeeds, the new warplanes will be added to the Pakistani’s air force sizeable fleet. Pakistani air force already has more than 70 F-16s fighter jets and dozens of both Chinese and French aircrafts.
The deal which is at an advanced stage can still be blocked by US congress citing Islamabad has been involved in a joint venture for procurement and even manufacturing of Chinese JF-17 Thunder jet fighter.
Only last month Islamabad bought four MI-17 warplanes from Russia, indicating it is no longer dependent solely on Washington for its military needs.
In May this year, US reportedly supplied Pakistani military with, 14 combat warplanes, 374 armored personnel carriers and 59 military trainer jets all of which had been used by US forces in Afghanistan.
One month earlier, the U.S. State Department approved Islamabad’s request to supply billions of dollars’ worth of military equipment.
Following a meeting on Thursday 22nd October 2015 at White house, Pakistani and US resolved to partner together in countering the emerging threats such as ISIL militancy in South Asia.
During the meeting, Pakistani Prime Minister Sharif retaliated Pakistan’s commitment to the fight against terrorism and resolved not to allow any ISIL foot in Pakistan.
- U.S. Special Forces & Kurdish Forces Raid Islamic State Militant’s Prison, Rescues Hostages in Iraq OSINT SUMMARY Friday 23rd October 2015, the Department of Defense announced that […]
- High-tech Fighter Jets Flying Over Syrian Airspace OSINT SUMMARY The fight against Daesh and other terrorist’s organization in Syria has […]
- UAE Procure Swedish Surveillance Jets in Deal Worth $1.27 Billion OSINT SUMMARY Monday 9th November 2015, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) air force […]
- Russia Sign Deal to Supply Iran with S-300 Missile System OSINT SUMMARY Russia and Iran have entered into a contract whereby Moscow is to […]
- US Agreed To Sell F-15 Jets to Qatar, $12b Deal Signed Amid Gulf Crisis US agreed to sell F-15 fighter jets to Qatar. Washington and Doha signed a $12 billion […]
- Iran & Russia Plan to Co-produce Sukhoi Su-30 Multirole Fighter Jet MILITARY ACQUISITIONS Iran’s Defence Minister revealed that Tehran and Moscow are […]
- Algeria Orders 12 Sukhoi (Su-34) Fullback Capability Fighter Bombers From Russia MILITARY ACQUISITIONS Algeria has ordered 12 Su-34 warplanes from Russia in the […]
- US May Take ‘Fresh Look’ at its India F-16 Fighter Jet Plan US defence firm Lockheed Martin has hinted that it may take a fresh look at its India […]