US is set to deploy an additional 4,000 troops to Afghanistan, a White House official has confirmed.
The move to send more troops to Afghanistan comes after concerns were raised by commanders that Afghan army is being pushed back by a resurgent Taliban.
Pentagon on Thursday also confirmed of Trump administration resolve to send some 4,000 additional US troops to Afghanistan. The troops would also be assigned to counter-terrorism operations in the region.
The latest wave of US troops will mainly be deployed to train and advise Afghan forces, following warnings by top US commanders in the region that the local military was facing a resurgent Taliban and a rising threat posed by the so-called “Islamic State” (IS) jihadi group.
The Pentagon is expected to announce the decision next week.
- U.S. Drone Strikes Kill 25 Islamic State Terrorists in Eastern Afghanistan EVENT SUMMARY Afghan military reports indicate that more than two dozen Islamic […]
- U.S. Drone Hellfire, Strikes Al-Shabaab Military Base in Southern Somalia U.S. military confirmed of conducting successful drone hell fire strikes targeting on […]
- 27 Militants Killed in Afghan Intensified Airstrikes & Ground Offensive OSINT SUMMARY KABUL, February 10, 2016, a total of 27 militants have been killed in […]
- White House Mourns U.S. Commando Killed in Al-Qaeda Operation in Yemen White House mourned the death of a Commando who was killed in the line of duty in an […]
- Abdul Hasib, Vicious Islamic State Chief in Afghanistan Killed The vicious leader of Islamic State in Afghanistan was killed in a joint ant-terror […]
- Donald Trump Revise Executive Order Ban for Travelers from Six Muslim-Majority Countries U.S. President Donald Trump revised the executive order ban for travelers from six […]
- US Special Ops Forces Attacked Near Marjah City, Afghanistan MILITARY BRIEF 5th January 2016, Latest reports from Pentagon have confirmed that a […]
- Suspected U.S. Drone Strikes Kill 12 Islamist Militants Including Top Leader in Yemen OSINT SUMMARY 4th February 2016, two suspected U.S. drone strikes have killed 12 […]