Iraq Air Force will receive a fresh batch of F-16 fighter jets from US by next week.
Wednesday 4th November 2015 through a statement to the press, the Head of Security and Defense Committee in Iraqi’s parliament Hakem al-Zamli confirmed the air force was expecting a fresh batch of five F-16s fighter jets after receiving four in the last delivery.
Iraq received consignment of four out of 36 F-16s jets in mid-July in line with the contracted U.S.-based weapon manufacturer, Lockheed Martin.
The latest consignment to deliver five other jets comes as part of Iraqi’s 2008 ‘strategic framework agreement’ which Iraqi government signed a contract with the U.S. administration for the purchase and delivery of the combat jet fighters to boost the war on terror.
- US May Take ‘Fresh Look’ at its India F-16 Fighter Jet Plan US defence firm Lockheed Martin has hinted that it may take a fresh look at its India […]
- U.S. Special Forces & Kurdish Forces Raid Islamic State Militant’s Prison, Rescues Hostages in Iraq OSINT SUMMARY Friday 23rd October 2015, the Department of Defense announced that […]
- Algeria Orders 12 Sukhoi (Su-34) Fullback Capability Fighter Bombers From Russia MILITARY ACQUISITIONS Algeria has ordered 12 Su-34 warplanes from Russia in the […]
- UAE Procure Swedish Surveillance Jets in Deal Worth $1.27 Billion OSINT SUMMARY Monday 9th November 2015, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) air force […]
- Iraq Receives New Batch of F-16 Fighter Jets from U.S. in Readiness of Mosul Offensive OSINT SUMMARY, August 9, 2016 Iraqi air force has so far received 10 […]
- High-tech Fighter Jets Flying Over Syrian Airspace OSINT SUMMARY The fight against Daesh and other terrorist’s organization in Syria has […]
- US to Supply Pakistan With F-16 Warplanes & Resolve to Counter ISIL Militancy KEY HIGHLIGHTS US plan to sell eight F-16fighter jets to Pakistan and its close ally […]
- China Donates Military Equipment to Liberia Armed Forces OSINT SUMMARY MONROVIA, February 10, 2016, On Wednesday Liberian President Ellen […]