US Issues Statement Warning of Rogue Kenyan Media Reports on Oil Pipeline
Recent media reports of Ambassador Godec pledging U.S. financial support for an oil pipeline in Kenya are inaccurate. During his meeting with Kenyan Cabinet Secretary for Energy and Petroleum Charles Keter on January 5, the Ambassador said that a Power Africa analysis indicates that Kenya will need $14-18 billion to finance renewable energy power development, and not a pipeline.
He also expressed support for a proposal by a consortium of American companies to participate in the Lamu Port-South Sudan-Ethiopia-Transport (LAPSSET) Corridor Project, which conceptually includes an oil pipeline component.
The Ambassador did not say that the U.S. government would help finance the construction of an oil pipeline in Kenya.
US Embassy Nairobi
Kenyan media has been on the spotlight over sensational, unverified, and rogue reporting.
- National Intelligence Service (NIS) Tasked to Preempt Corruption’s Threat to National Security of Kenya The President of the Republic of Kenya Uhuru Kenyatta issued a statement on Monday 23rd […]
- Kenya’s Oil Pipeline Construction To Commence in 2 Weeks, Energy CS Keter ENERGY BRIEF, April 29, 2016 Kenya’s oil pipeline works is expected to […]
- Kenya’s Oil Exports to Start Early in April 2017 Kenya the East Africa economic powerhouse is set to gain from oil export sales […]
- Kenya Set to Begin Oil Exportation by January 2017 Kenya is set to begin oil exportation by January 2017 according to the Finance […]
- Kenya Set to Join League of Oil Exporting Countries in 2017: Energy CS Reveals ENERGY BRIEF 12th January 2016, Kenya is set to join the league oil exporting nations […]
- Kenya Decides To Go Alone On Oil Pipeline Construction ENERGY BRIEF, April 24, 2016 Kenya will go alone on the construction of […]
- Kenya Set To Begin Exporting 2,000 Barrels of Oil Daily From July 2017 ENERGY BRIEF Kenya has announced plans to start exporting 2,000 barrels of […]
- Nigerian Army Arrests Suspected Avengers Militants OSINT SUMMARY Nigeria’s army arrested militants suspected to be working […]