Sunday 13th September, at least four other militants reportedly wounded in the attack at Lal Por district about 150 kilometers east of the capital Kabul.
According to a brief by Provincial police spokesman Colonel Hazrat Hussein the overnight strike had targeted Taliban fighters moving from Lal Por district to the neighboring area. Among the killed is a Taliban commander, whose identity is yet to be confirmed.
In another incident, at least 15 suspected Pakistani Taliban have been killed in a deadly U.S. drone attack last week on Wednesday at the Gomal district of the southeastern Paktika province, on the border with Pakistan.
Reportedly, the militants belonged to the Pakistani Taliban group of Mullah Fazlullah who is on the Pakistani army’s wanted list.
US-led coalition has increased the number of drone strikes against militants, on both sides of the Afghanistan-Pakistan border.
In a separate operation Afghan intelligence agency said they have arrested the Taliban’s shadow governor for the Nazian district of Nangarhar.
In a statement, the NDS said Mawlawi Abdullah along with five fighters were arrested in the district without giving an exact time.
The group is linked to various bomb attacks and operations in the province.
- U.S. Drone Strikes Kill 25 Islamic State Terrorists in Eastern Afghanistan EVENT SUMMARY Afghan military reports indicate that more than two dozen Islamic […]
- Taliban’s Shadow Governor among 16 Terrorists Killed in Kunduz Airstrike At least sixteen Taliban terrorists including the shadow governor of the extremist […]
- Breaking: Bombing & Fierce Gunfight in Turkey’s Istanbul Suburb March 3, 2016 Istanbul Turkey Latest reports indicate that militants have staged a […]
- Afghan Special Forces Retake Kunduz and Kill 150 Taliban Militants Thursday 1st October 2015 in a statement released by Afghanistan’s Ministry of Defense, […]
- Afghan Police Operation Rescue 78 Afghans Taken Hostage By Taliban Takfiris OSINT SUMMARY Al least 78 of all 80 people kidnapped by the Taliban militant […]
- Afghan Air Force Strikes Kills 68 Daesh Militants in Eastern Afghanistan OSINT SUMMARY 29th December 2015, at least 68 members of Daesh Takfiri terrorists […]
- Drone Strike Kills Qari Salim, Taliban Key Commander in E. Afghan Province A Taliban key commander in the eastern Ghazni province, Qari Salim alias Sabawon, has […]
- Pakistan Military Launch First Ever Drone Strike against Militants Target ISLAMABAD: Monday 7th September 2015, Pakistan military announced that it […]