The United States has denied Special Forces Officer SFC Zachary Bannister of the US Army Special Forces regiment was killed in Southern Somalia by the Al-Qaeda affiliate in Somalia Harakat Al-Shabaab Al-Mujahideen (HSM).
In a social media statement US-Africa Command (AFRICOM) confirmed the non-combat death of SFC Zachary Bannister in Kenya without citing the exact cause of death thus denying claims by the terror group Harakat Al-Shabaab Al-Mujahideen (HSM) that it killed the officer near Kisymayu.
The Al-Qaeda terrorists affiliate in Somalia Harakat Al-Shabaab Al-Mujahideen (HSM) issued a statement claiming responsibility of SFC Zachary Bannister death.
The terror group is known for peddling lies which are often taken up by sympathetic bloggers and researchers. The propaganda is spread across communication networks as information warfare.
The United States Army has 300 special forces operating in Somalia with approximately 200 working with Somali Army and Kenya Defense Forces in Southern Somalia area of Jubbaland.
The Special Forces conduct joint operations against the terrorists. Several high profile figures in the terror group's formations in Southern Somalia have been killed during these joint operations.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- 21 Al-Shabaab Terminated, 3 Army Troops KIA Outside Bursar Somalia After IED Incident In the mid-morning of 15th July 2016, approximately 21 terrorists were […]
- Kenya Police Kill 4 Al-Shabaab Terrorists Near El-wak, Weapons and Ammunition Recovered A Combined joint task force of Rapid Response team, […]
- Increased Presence of Al-Shabaab Terrorists Along Somalia-Kenya Border: Consequences of Terrorists Strategic Logic Throughout the month of September and October 2016 the Al-Qaeda branch in […]
- Al-Qaeda Number Two Ahmad Hassan Killed in Drone Strike’ in Syria Ahmad Hassan (Abu al-Khayr al-Masri), overall deputy to al-Qaeda leader Ayman […]
- KDF Eye’s Al-Shabaab Militants Last Headquarters of Jiliib, Somalia The Kenya Defense Forces (KDF) remains the most potent weapon against the […]
- Al-Shabaab Killing It’s Kenyan & Tanzanian Commanders & Fighters Over ISIS Allegiance Event Summary The Al-Qaeda branch in Somalia, Harakat […]
- Kenya Army (KDF) Exit Somalia in 2018 AU Francisco Caetano The Kenya Defense Forces (KDF) will exit Somalia in 2018 alongside other […]