Uganda's Chief of Defense Forces (CDF) Gen. Edward Katumba Wamala received 1,800 soldiers from Somalia.
The Uganda People's Defense Force (UPDF) battle group 15 which was deployed in Somalia as part of African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) to battle Al-Shabaab militants returned home after completing their mission.
The troop of over 1,800 soldiers was received by Commander of Defense Forces (CDF), Gen. Katumba Wamala at Singo Urban Military Training school over the weekend.
General Katumba congratulated the soldiers for selflessly serving in the peacekeeping mission in the volatile nation of Somalia.
In his remarks, General Katumba expressed concerns that the troops had not received their monthly allowances of seven months saying such delays affect morale of the soldier and undermines the essence of the mission.
General Katumba said UPDF salaries will be increased according to budget proposal for 2016/2017 FY and as earlier requested.
On his part, the commandant of battle group 15, Col. Silvio Aguma, also thanked the contingent citing strict discipline as key to their success and paying attention to instructions attained during rigorous training.
"We appreciate the British, Qatar and French training teams for skillfully preparing us so well. When we reached Mogadishu, we took the modules for granted but decided to observe the guidelines and as a result, we realized that what they had equipped us with was very necessary in defeating the terrorists. Whenever we set foot in defense against the Al-Shabaab, they had to retreat because we were lethal and well prepared," Aguma said.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Col. Ronald Bigiriwa, Commander of New Ugandan Contingent (UPDF), Arrives in Somalia Mogadishu, April 20, 2016 The Commander of the new Ugandan contingent to […]
- Uganda in Talks With African Union Over Pay Delays For Peacekeepers OSINT SUMMARY Uganda military has launched engagement with African Union (AU) […]
- AU Opens New Military Training Facility To Boost Security in Somalia OSINT SUMMARY Africa Union (AU) peacekeeping mission in Somalia (AMISOM) has […]
- 3 Al-Shabaab Terrorists Killed in Somali National Army (SNA) & AMISOM Ambush Latest military reports from Somalia indicate that three Al-Shabaab terrorists were […]
- President Museveni Visit Uganda’s UPDF Troops at Halane Military Camp in Somalia OSINT SUMMARY Uganda’s President Yoweri Musveni who had attended the […]
- African Union (AU) Call for Additional Deployment of 4,000 Troops in Somalia The Military Operations Coordination Committee (MOCC) for AU peacekeeping mission in […]
- Suspected Al-Shabaab Operative Arrested after Grenade Attack Jowhar in Somalia A suspected Al-Shabaab operative was arrested after hand grenade attack in Jowhar […]