Latest reports from Somalia indicate that unidentified attack helicopters raided an Al-Shabaab controlled Awdhegle locality killing 11 Al-Shabaab fighters.
According to the region district commissioner, the unknown warplanes carried out a raid in Lower Shabelle region of southern Somalia on Tuesday night.
Report further indicates that Special Forces Commandos were involved in the Tuesday night raid that left 11 militants killed and scores wounded.
Corresponding report by Awdhegle village administrator, Mohamed Aweys Abukar confirmed about the night raid saying Awdhegle residents woke up Wednesday to streets filled with dead bodies of Al-Shabaab combatants killed in the overnight airstrikes.
The airstrike came after another raid by U.S. drone hit Al-Shabaab’s Raso training camp killing over 150 members who were graduating.
- Top Al-Shabaab Commanders Among the Killed in U.S. Drone Strike on Raso Training Camp SOMALIA, Hiiraan Region, March 9, 2016 After Pentagon confirmed to have killed […]
- SNA, AMISOM Forces Raid Al-Shabaab Training Camp near Jowhar Town, Somalia MILITARY BRIEF February 29, 2016, Military reports from Somalia indicate that SNA […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Group Confirms U.S. Drone Strike in Raso Training Base in Hiiraan Region, Somalia SOMALIA, March 9, 2016 Pentagon confirmed that U.S. drone strike hit an […]
- U.S. Drone Strike Kills 150 Somali Al-Shabaab Militants PENTAGON, March 7, 2016 Latest reports from Pentagon indicate that a U.S. strike has […]
- KDF Fighter Jets Pound Al-Shabaab Three Bases Near Jilib Town in Somalia MILITARY BRIEF, Somalia, March 6, 2016 Kenyan fighter jets continue to bomb […]
- KDF Military Fighter Jets Pound Al-Shabaab Camp in Sindigow Village, Southern Somalia SINDIGOW VILLAGE Somalia, March 21, 2016 Military reports from Somalia […]
- KDF Warplanes Strikes and Destroyed An Al-Shabaab Camp in Gedo, Southern Somalia MILITARY BRIEF March 5, 2016, Military reports from Somalia have confirmed […]