March 28/3/2017, UNHCR donated 43 fully equipped vehicles to Kenya National Police Service to enhance police mobility and operations in Dadaab and Kakuma refugee camps.
Inspector General of Police Joseph Boinnet, who received the vehicles at the CID training school in Nairobi Tuesday, thank UN refugee agency saying the vehicle will come in handy in helping police respond to any incident fast citing the fact the Kenyan camps hosts hundreds of thousands of refugees from neighboring countries remain safe and secure.
The vehicles were handed over to Boinnet by the UNHCR Country Representative Raouf Mazou.
The vehicles will help us boost our mobility very significantly in Kakuma and Dadaab even in the repatriation process, IG of Police said.
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- UN Donates Vehicles To Kenya To Boost Security at Refugee Camps Garissa, April 28, 2016 The UN High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) on […]
- Over 700 More Security Officers Deployed in Lamu County LAMU COUNTY, March 12, 2016 Security in Lamu has been heightened with […]
- Interior Cabinet Secretary Joseph Nkaissery, Receives the New Choppers For National Police Service SECURITY BRIEF, April 27, 2016 Kenya’s Interior Cabinet Secretary, […]
- President Uhuru Kenyatta Direct Recruitment of 10,000 More Police Officers into Training Colleges SECURITY BRIEF President Uhuru Kenyatta on Tuesday 1st March 2016 directed 10,000 […]
- Kenya’s Inspector General of Police Warns of Criminal Gangs Resurgence Ahead of 2017 Polls SECURITY BRIEF Kenya’s Inspector General of Police Joseph Boinnet on Friday 26th […]
- Kenya to Acquire 25 Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Police Vehicles Boost To War On Terrorism: Interior Cabinet Secretary Joseph Nkaissery POLICE ACQUISITIONS Kenya’s Interior Cabinet Secretary Joseph Nkaissery […]