The UN Security Council (UNSC) on Monday strongly condemned the latest ballistic missile test by North Korea and vowed to increase pressure on Kim Jong-Un regime including sanctions.
North Korea on Sunday launched what it appeared to be its longest-range ballistic missile yet. N. Korea said that it was capable of carrying a heavy nuclear warhead in a test aimed at bringing U.S. mainland within reach.
In a unanimous statement, backed by China, UNSC vowed strong measures in response to Pyongyang’s latest highly destabilizing behavior.
North Korea has carried out two atomic tests and dozens of missile launches since the beginning of 2016 going against UNSC resolutions.
UNSC last year ramped up pressure that was aimed to deny leader Kim Jong-Un the hard currency needed to fund his military programmes.
The Security Council want to implement other sanctions against on North Korea touching on oil, energy, and maritime ships exports among other options.
The U.S. is also in talks with China — Pyongyang’s sole major ally and main trading partner — on a possible new sanctions resolution and the council is expected to discuss its steps during a closed-door meeting starting around 2000 GMT Tuesday.
- North Korea Launch Short-Range Missiles Towards South Korea March 10, 2016: North Korea has fired two short-range missiles into the sea according […]
- North Korea Fires Ballistic Missiles, U.S. Terms the Move ‘Provocative’ NORTH KOREA, March 18, 2016 United States has raised a red flag over North […]
- UN Security Council Condemns Pyongyang on Latest Missile Launch OSINT SUMMARY United Nation Security Council (UNSC) at last has spoken on […]
- North Korea Fire 3 Ballistic Missiles into Japan Sea as G-20 Summit Continue in China OSINT SUMMARY North Korea in what seems as a provocative move, fire three […]
- North Korea Test-fires Missile in Latest Provocation North Korea on Monday test-fired a missile into Japan’s maritime economic zone in what […]
- UN Slaps North Korea With Toughest Additional Sanction In 20 Years March 3, 2016: The UN Security Council has unanimously adopted a resolution that expands […]
- North Korea’s Kim Jong-un Says Recent Hydrogen Bomb Test Act of Self Defense EVENT SUMMARY 10th January 2016, Kim Jong-un the leader of North Korea has said […]
- China Joins U.S., Says it Supports U.N. on New Sanctions on North Korea China has expressed support to new U.N. sanctions to be forced on North Korea over […]