UN Security Council (UNSC) has extended the resolution 2358 that extends AMISOM mandate in Somalia until March 31st, 2018.
UNSC created this mission in 2007 to provide Somalia with support for its political process, the reform of security, the efforts to reach reconciliation and developing the war-torn nation, following more two decades of conflict and instability.
UNSC resolution urges AMISOM to boost interaction within civil society and back the fight against extreme violence brought forth by Al-Qaeda linked group Al-Shabaab and also ISIS.
UNSC document point that, Somalia has key challenges, as the fight against the terrorist group Al Shabaab continues.
UN Security Council also praised the conclusion of electoral process in Somalia and the election of Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed Farmaajo as President.
- Somali Forces Preparing Major Offensive to Liberate Lower Shabelle Region from Al-Shabaab Somali National Army troops are preparing for a major offensive aimed at liberating […]
- President Hassan Sheikh Praises Burundi Contribution on the War Against Al-Shabaab in Somalia SOMALIA, March 18, 2016 President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud lauded […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Italy Pledge To Support Somalia Strengthen & Rebuild SNA KEY HIGHLIGHTS ISTANBUL: Italy has pledged to support Somalia in matters relating […]
- Kenya Security Agencies Takes Measures to Prevent Al-Shabaab Attacks Kenya security agencies in Garissa County have put in place measures to ensure peace is […]
- SNA Nets Al-Shabaab Militants in Security Sweep in Bakol Southwest Somalia BAKOL Southwest Somalia, March 21, 2016 Security sweeps targeting Al-Shabaab […]
- UN Security Council Report of the Secretary-General on Somalia Political and Security Development The following report by UN Security Council highlights on challenges United Nations […]
- Ethiopia To Deploy Additional Troops & Attack Helicopters To AMISOM MILITARY BRIEF Ethiopia revealed that it will send more troops and helicopters to […]