UN Security Council Condemns Pyongyang on Latest Missile Launch
United Nation Security Council (UNSC) at last has spoken on Pyongyang’s ballistic missile tests.
On Tuesday 6th September 2016, United States had called on UNSC to take action against North Korea for disregarding UNSC resolutions on such kind of tests.
U.S. ambassador to the UN Samantha Power said the Security Council must remain united in the condemnation of these tests and must take action to enforce the words inked on paper.
On Monday 5th September 2016, North Korea fired three ballistic missiles which landed into Sea of Japan about 200-250 kilometers (120-160 miles) west of Hokkaido, Japan’s northern-most Main Island.
World leaders at a G-20 summit in China condemned North Korea which previously had conducted ballistic tests saying the move is a violation of Security Council resolutions and a show of.
North Korea has been under U.N. sanctions since 2006. The 15-member Security Council toughened the sanctions in March 2016 in response to North Korea‘s fourth nuclear test launched in January 2016 and the launch of a long-range rocket in February 2016.
However, North Korea continues to rejects the ban saying its infringement on its sovereign right to pursue a space program and self-defense.
- North Korea Fire 3 Ballistic Missiles into Japan Sea as G-20 Summit Continue in China OSINT SUMMARY North Korea in what seems as a provocative move, fire three […]
- China Joins U.S., Says it Supports U.N. on New Sanctions on North Korea China has expressed support to new U.N. sanctions to be forced on North Korea over […]
- United State Flies B-52 Bomber Over S. Korea to Show Force Against N. Korea OSINT SUMMARY Since North Korea tested its H-bomb, US has flown its powerful […]
- UN Slaps North Korea With Toughest Additional Sanction In 20 Years March 3, 2016: The UN Security Council has unanimously adopted a resolution that expands […]
- North Korea Fires Ballistic Missiles, U.S. Terms the Move ‘Provocative’ NORTH KOREA, March 18, 2016 United States has raised a red flag over North […]
- U.S., South Korea, Japan & China To Cooperate Against North Korea Nuclear Tests United States, China, South Korea and Japan united against North Korea Nuclear Tests, […]
- North Korea Launch Short-Range Missiles Towards South Korea March 10, 2016: North Korea has fired two short-range missiles into the sea according […]
- Russia, China to Conduct Joint Military Exercise MILITARY COLLABORATION, May 6, 2016 Russia and China are set to hold their […]