Speaking on Friday to media reporters in South Sudan’s capital Juba, Adama Dieng warned of escalating conflicts and embroiled civil war that has divided the country into ethnic lines.
South Sudan the world’s youngest nation was formed in 2011 and peace is yet to be realized.
Internal violence has been witnessed severally has claimed tens of thousands of lives and forced more than a million people to flee to the neighbouring countries.
An attempt to unite the two main warring factions in a transitional government collapsed earlier this year after the First Vice President Riek Machar, a former rebel leader abandoned Juba.
Forces loyal to him resumed fighting against forces of President Salva Kiir’s government.
In August 2015, a peace deal signed by the two leaders has done little to reduce the fighting and tribal and tribal tensions continue to worsen the situation.
The First Vice President Riek Machar, has since been replaced by Taban Deng Gai as the First Vice President.
Media reports indicates there is still room to fend off further escalation of the witnessed ethnically fueled tension with conflict in almost all over the country being reported.
- Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni Calls for Peace in South Sudan OSINT SUMMARY Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni called on leaders in war torn […]
- South Sudan to Swear in New First Vice President General Taban Deng Gai OSINT SUMMARY A senior faction of South Sudan’s armed opposition moved […]
- General Gai Sworn-in as South Sudan’s First VP, Calls for One Army & Accepts Kiir as His Commander in Chief EVENT SUMMARY On Tuesday 26th July 2016 South Sudan sworn in the former […]
- South Sudan Govt Rejects Machar’s Faction to Strike New Peace Deal South Sudan government under President Salva Kiir has rejected the latest call by […]
- Sudan Threatens to Close Border if Juba Fails to Expel Rebels OSINT SUMMARY Sudanese government on Sunday 18th September 2016 threatened […]
- South Sudan’s Vice President Deng Gai Urges Refugees to Return Home The First Vice President of South Sudan, Taban Deng Gai, has encouraged displaced […]
- 2 Senior SPLA-IO Military Generals Pledge Allegiance to Machar OSINT SUMMARY Fighting continues to be report in northern Juba South Sudan […]
- Japan Approves for Troops for Rescue Missions in South Sudan Japan on Tuesday approved a plan to send its troops to South Sudan on a U.N. […]