Uganda’s President Yoweri Museveni Urges South Sudan’s Rivals to End War
Uganda's President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni has asked rival groups in war-torn South Sudan to convey a conclusion to the emergency in Africa's most youthful country.
Museveni airplane touched base in the South Sudanese capital Juba on Thursday evening for a one-day official visit, amid which he held a shut entryway meeting with President Salva Kiir at the presidential royal residence.
Talking at a joint press conference in Juba with Kiir, Museveni said: "I would engage the transitional government headed by the president and the various partners to stop all activities including the security so that the general population concentrate on the races at the earliest opportunity; all battling ought to stop so that the general population of South Sudan can recover their energy."
He required a "genuine change" in the nation and encouraged South Sudanese individuals to quit battling with the goal that they could pick their pioneers however vote based decisions.
South Sudan plunged into a civil war in December 2013 when a long running political fight amongst Kiir and his sacked agent Riek Machar detonated into savagery, quite a bit of it along ethnic lines.
The rivals marked a precarious peace bargain in August this year, yet battling has kept, driving Machar into outcast after lanes fight in July between his strengths and those faithful to Kiir.
Several thousands have been murdered and more than two million others dislodged in the midst of allegations of abominations on both sides, with continuous peace execution so far neglecting to yield an enduring political settlement to the emergency.
- South Sudan President Salva Kiir Rushes to Kampala for Talks with Museveni, Machar Fails to Return to Juba Following the recent clashes in South Sudan, the country’s embattled President […]
- Uganda Deploys Small Force to South Sudan for Rescue Mission Uganda’s UPDF has confirmed decision to send a ‘small force’ to […]
- Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni Calls for Peace in South Sudan OSINT SUMMARY Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni called on leaders in war torn […]
- Escalating War in South Sudan Could Lead to Refugees Influx in Uganda UN has warned of the escalating war in South Sudan could see more refugees flee to […]
- Security Heightened in Mogadishu as Somalia Set to Host IGAD Summit OSINT SUMMARY Security has been heightened up in Mogadishu as Somalia is set […]
- South Sudan to Swear in New First Vice President General Taban Deng Gai OSINT SUMMARY A senior faction of South Sudan’s armed opposition moved […]
- Security in Mogadishu Somalia Scaled Up Ahead of Regional Summit OSINT SUMMARY Security in Somalia’s capital Mogadishu and its environs […]
- South Sudan Refugees Pour in Numbers into Northern Uganda In Summary Following the recent conflict witnessed in South Sudan, refugees […]