Uganda’s President, Yoweri Museveni promoted about 400 UPDF army officers to various ranks. 62 officers were promoted to the senior rank on Major and above.
President Museveni, who is also the Commander- in- Chief of the armed forces, made the promotions following recommendation of the Army Promotions Board.
The promotions were announced on May 2, but the information became public on Monday 8/5/2017.
According to Brig Richard Karemire, the Defence and Military spokesman, the promotions were done to recognize and appreciate the officers’ “excellent work” and successful completion of command courses.
Some of the officers elevated included those who have been in various missions ad those who have completed courses at the National Defence Colleges.
The promotion were as follows; in total, 22 officers, among them 18 Lt. Colonels and four acting Colonels, were either promoted to, or confirmed as, full Colonels.
Another 33 officers at the rank of Major were promoted to Lt. Col after completing Senior Command and Staff College course.
Notably, Flavia Namakula, a Staff Sergeant, was promoted to Second Lieutenant because of “excellent performance in sports”, the military spokesman added.
Some 297 officers were made Lieutenants after completing their mandatory one-year probation as 2nd Lieutenants while up to 55 doctors, pharmacists and lawyers, “serving as professionals”, were also promoted.
- Brig. Kainerugaba Muhoozi, (Museveni’s Son) Promoted to Major General in the Army Uganda People’s Defence Forces (UPDF) In what has been misinterpreted […]
- Gen Katumba Wamala Hands over to Gen Muhoozi, the New UPDF Chief Gen. Katumba Wamala has handed over office to the new Chief of Defence Forces, Gen […]
- Uganda Deploys Small Force to South Sudan for Rescue Mission Uganda’s UPDF has confirmed decision to send a ‘small force’ to […]
- South Sudan President Salva Kiir Rushes to Kampala for Talks with Museveni, Machar Fails to Return to Juba Following the recent clashes in South Sudan, the country’s embattled President […]
- Museveni Presides over Tarehe Sita UPDF Celebrations Uganda People’s Defence Forces (UPDF) celebrated the 34th Terehe Sita day on […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Uganda Army Brigadier Kyanda Replaced as UPDF Chief of Staff Uganda army replaced Brigadier Leopold Kyanda as UPDF Chief of […]
- Uganda’s President Yoweri Museveni Urges South Sudan’s Rivals to End War Uganda's President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni has asked rival groups in […]