Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni promised to end military cooperation with their old ally North Korea after the Sunday visit to Kampala by South Korean President Park Geun-Hye.
Uganda noted that its decision to disengage the cooperation with North Korea is as a result of UN sanctions for its defiant efforts to build nuclear weapons.
North Korea has been an ally with Uganda; the country has sent trainers and weaponry support to Uganda for many years.
Uganda’s President stressed that the country policy do not support nuclear proliferation.
Uganda announced ditching military cooperation with North Korea after meeting between Uganda's President Yoweri Museveni and his South Korean counterpart Park Geun-Hye.
North Korea has been isolated, facing severe diplomatic criticism in the aftermath of its January nuclear test and space rocket launch in February that prompted a United Nations Security Council resolution in March tightening sanctions against Pyongyang.
- North Korea’s Kim Jong-un Says Recent Hydrogen Bomb Test Act of Self Defense EVENT SUMMARY 10th January 2016, Kim Jong-un the leader of North Korea has said […]
- North Korea Launch Short-Range Missiles Towards South Korea March 10, 2016: North Korea has fired two short-range missiles into the sea according […]
- UN Slaps North Korea With Toughest Additional Sanction In 20 Years March 3, 2016: The UN Security Council has unanimously adopted a resolution that expands […]
- Suspected North Korea Missile Test Fails A suspected missile launched by North Korea failed according to reports by both U.S […]
- North Korea Fires Ballistic Missiles, U.S. Terms the Move ‘Provocative’ NORTH KOREA, March 18, 2016 United States has raised a red flag over North […]
- Namibia Govt Confirms North Korean-Built Small Arms & Ammunition Factory Namibia government confirmed that North Korea helped them build an arms and […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- National Intelligence Service (NIS) Tasked to Preempt Corruption’s Threat to National Security of Kenya The President of the Republic of Kenya Uhuru Kenyatta issued a statement on Monday 23rd […]