KAMPALA, June 2, 2016
A Ugandan court on Wednesday 1st June 2016 recharged five suspects of the 2010 Kampala bombing days after they were acquitted.
Court ordered police to re-arrest them to face fresh charges, with Prosecutor saying the five may help conspirators to carry out fresh attacks after some their colleagues were imprisoned.
The court last Thursday acquitted the five of charges of terrorism, murder, attempted murder and imprisoned eight other suspects who were found guilty. Four Kenyans, 3 Ugandans and a Tanzanian were among the imprisoned.
Kampala bombing is considered the worst attack to happen in Uganda. The twin bombs detonated during the screening of 2010 World Cup final at the Kyadondo Rugby Ground and a restaurant in Kampala on July 11, 2010, killing 76 people and leaving scores with critical injuries.
Somali based Islamist group, Al-Shabaab claimed responsibility for the twin attacks saying they were revenging for Uganda’s contribution of its troops to the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM).
- Kampala 2010 Bombing Mastermind Issa Luyima Found Guilty, 7 Convicted, 6 Acquitted KAMPALA Uganda, May 26, 2016 A Ugandan mastermind of 2010 bombing linked to […]
- Somalia President Mohamed Abdullahi Farmajo Visits Uganda The President of Somalia Mohamed Abdullahi Farmajo visited Uganda after he received an […]
- Review AMISOM Funding, Uganda now Wants 6th February 2017, Kampala: Uganda has called on the concerned partners to review the […]
- 5 Sentenced to Life Imprisonment, 2 Receive 50 Years in Jail over 2010 Kampala Bombings 2010 Kampala Bombings Terrorists Face Justice Uganda High Court on Tuesday […]
- Uganda Preempts Terror Attack Targeting Luzira Prison Uganda police have preempted another terror attack, this time, one which targeted the […]
- Ugandan King Facing Terrorism Charges A Ugandan King is facing terrorism, murder, attempted murder, and robbery with […]
- Somalia Police Scale Up Security Measures in Jowhar Event Summary Somalia government police and soldiers launched an operation in […]
- Uganda: Gen David Sejusa Aides Jailed to 15 Years for Treason EVENT SUMMARY KAMPALA: A Uganda military court on Monday 18th July 2016 […]