Uganda Army Brigadier Kyanda Replaced as UPDF Chief of Staff
According to a military source, Brigadier Kyanda has been sent to India to receive further training.
Brigadier Kyanda was replaced by a military officer of the same rank, Brigadier Geoffrey Katsigazi who will be in the position as a caretaker.
Brigadier Kyanda formerly served as a commander of the Elite Presidential Guard Brigade (PGB) currently in Special Forces Command (SFC) and commanded by President Museveni's son, Muhoozi Kainerugaba.
Brigadier Kyanda was promoted to lead the Chieftaincy of Military Intelligence before he was posted as Uganda's Military attaché to the United States.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- 4,000 Extra AMISOM Troops Needed to Liberate More Areas in Somalia According to a report compiled by CCTV news, African Union Mission in Somalia […]
- Mandera IED Explosion Targeting Kenya Police Patrol Fails An explosion targeting a Kenya Police Patrol was reported near the customs border […]
- Senior Regional Military Leaders Conclude ‘Peacekeeping’ Course In Kenya Highlights: The 13th Regional Senior Military Leaders’ Course (RSML) concluded at […]
- South Sudan to Swear in New First Vice President General Taban Deng Gai OSINT SUMMARY A senior faction of South Sudan’s armed opposition moved […]
- U.S. Director of National Intelligence James Clapper Says Homegrown Extremists Tops Terrorist Threat List KEY HIGHLIGHTS U.S. Director of National Intelligence (DNI) James Clapper has […]
- AU Military Strategy Operations Committee Meeting in Djibouti The African Union Military Operation Coordination Committee (MOCC) met in Djibouti to […]
- Escalating War in South Sudan Could Lead to Refugees Influx in Uganda UN has warned of the escalating war in South Sudan could see more refugees flee to […]