Monday 9th November 2015, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) air force announced to have sealed a deal worth $1.27 billion with Swedish Defence giant Saab to buy two surveillance jets and also upgrade two others.
According to Air Force Major General Abdullah al-Hashimi at a joint press conference held at the Dubai Airshow, UAE has settled for two new aircraft, the Global 6000 surveillance planes while old planes to be upgraded are part of the UAE’s fleet of Saab 340s.
The purchase of other surveillance jets is aimed at strengthening and supporting surveillance capabilities of the Gulf country’s air force amid rising militancy threat, added the General.
Though the date of delivery has not been determined and finalized, it expected the delivery to be concluded within two years.
United Arab Emirates has been on the front-line against the war on terror, allied as part of US-led coalition conducting offensives against Islamic State militant’s positions in Syria and Iraq.
UAE has also played a pivotal role in the Saudi-led coalition that launched military offensives against Iran-backed rebels in Yemeni.
- US Agreed To Sell F-15 Jets to Qatar, $12b Deal Signed Amid Gulf Crisis US agreed to sell F-15 fighter jets to Qatar. Washington and Doha signed a $12 billion […]
- Russia Sign Deal to Supply Iran with S-300 Missile System OSINT SUMMARY Russia and Iran have entered into a contract whereby Moscow is to […]
- High-tech Fighter Jets Flying Over Syrian Airspace OSINT SUMMARY The fight against Daesh and other terrorist’s organization in Syria has […]
- US to Supply Pakistan With F-16 Warplanes & Resolve to Counter ISIL Militancy KEY HIGHLIGHTS US plan to sell eight F-16fighter jets to Pakistan and its close ally […]
- Algeria Orders 12 Sukhoi (Su-34) Fullback Capability Fighter Bombers From Russia MILITARY ACQUISITIONS Algeria has ordered 12 Su-34 warplanes from Russia in the […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- UAE Spent $1.1B to Aid Syria Refugee Crisis and on War against ISIL KEY HIGHLIGHTS Wednesday 16th September 2015, the United Arab Emirates said it […]
- U.S. Special Forces & Kurdish Forces Raid Islamic State Militant’s Prison, Rescues Hostages in Iraq OSINT SUMMARY Friday 23rd October 2015, the Department of Defense announced that […]