U.S. To Supply Kenyan Air Force With Five Bell UH- 1H Huey II Helicopters
U.S. is set to supply Kenyan Air Force with Bell UH-1H helicopters refurbished to Huey II standard.
According to a notice posted on the US Federal Business Opportunities website on 16 March, 2016, the Program Management Office embarked on a market research meant at to identifying parties having interest in and the resources to supply and deliver of five baseline Bell UH-1H II (Huey II) Helicopters including the aircraft spare parts, special tools, operator and maintainer training to a Foreign Military Sales customer for the Republic of Kenya.
Kenya Air Force is the largest and arguably the most professional air arm in the East Africa region.
Bell UH- 1H Huey is a daily workhorse with an expansive cabin providing multi-mission flexibility with a standard seating of 12 people.
The aircraft combines commercial Bell 212 dynamic components with the reliable Honeywell T53-L-703 engine, leading to an increase in hover performance and efficiency in hot conditions.
Bell Helicopter overhauls the Bell UH-1H basic airframe to OEM standards, provides a complete rewire, updates the avionics and offers a all-inclusive selection of mission specific kits and customization.
Bell Huey II is highly efficient in missions such as troop transport into high altitudes, for medical evacuation in hot conditions or transport to and from remote areas. The aircraft can also be used in combat missions.
- US Gives KDF New Helicopters to Boost War against Terrorism U.S government has given Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) six new helicopters to boost its […]
- China Donates 36 Military Vehicles to Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) China has donated 36 military vehicles to Kenya Defence […]
- U.S. Military Restricts Members From Travelling To West Africa, Cites Recent Attacks PENTAGON U.S. March 17, 2016 U.S. military has restricted its service members […]
- Ethiopia To Deploy Additional Troops & Attack Helicopters To AMISOM MILITARY BRIEF Ethiopia revealed that it will send more troops and helicopters to […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- U.S.-led Coalition 30 Strikes Targets Islamic State Hideouts in Syria & Iraq EVENT SUMMARY Latest military reports from Middle East indicate that Daesh/Islamic […]
- Kenya Defense Forces Take’s Delivery of Bell UH-1H Huey II Multi-Role Helicopters from United States KDF-Kenya Air Force, the largest and arguably […]
- U.S. Director of National Intelligence James Clapper Says Homegrown Extremists Tops Terrorist Threat List KEY HIGHLIGHTS U.S. Director of National Intelligence (DNI) James Clapper has […]