U.S. To Give $40 Million to Countries Battling with Boko Haram Insurgency
OSINT SUMMARY, April 20, 2016
U.S. has pledged to give $40 million in humanitarian assistance to countries affected by Boko Haram.
According to U.S. ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power, countries battling Islamist militant group Boko Haram including Chad, Nigeria, Niger, Mali and Cameroon are set be supported in helping about seven million people affected by the insurgent group.
Power was speaking in the capital of Cameroon Yaounde, when she met President Paul Biya and attended a ceremony to burn 2,000 tusks in a bid to end elephant poaching. Her trip includes visits to Chad and Nigeria.
"We discussed the monstrous threat posed by Boko Haram and we agreed, and he was very forceful on this point, that the military response alone could not succeed in defeating Boko Haram in the long-term," she said after her meeting with President Biya.
Cameroon, Nigeria and Chad are contributing forces currently at 8,700 battling Boko Haram terrorist group which pledged allegiance to ISIS in 2014.
Power also is scheduled to visit the region's Multinational Joint Task Force, which is staffed with troops from the three nations as well as Niger and Benin.
- Boko Haram Terrorist Group seen Weakening in Cameroon Boko Haram has drastically scaled down attacks in Cameroon in the recent months, […]
- U.S. Pledge Support For Nigeria To Fight Islamic State Affiliated Boko Haram KEY HIGHLIGHT Nigeria based militant group Boko Haram continues to wage […]
- Asymmetric War, Niger Army Operations Against Boko Haram DIFFA, Niger, March 10, 016 The national guard of Niger continues with patrols […]
- West African Countries To Set Joint Anti-extremist Force EVENT SUMMARY June 7, 2016, West African leaders resolved to set up a joint […]
- 38 Boko Haram Terrorists Killed in Diffa, Southeast Niger OSINT SUMMARY According to latest military reports from Niger, 38 Boko Haram […]
- Cameroon Receives Military IEDs And Landmine Detection, Clearance Training From The United States Key Points: The United States of America is training Cameroon Military in techniques […]
- Cameroonian Army Kill 27 Boko Haram Terrorists Killed in Ambush OSINT SUMMARY 27 Boko Haram terrorists were on Wednesday reportedly killed by […]
- Islamic State Announces Abu Musab al-Barnawi New Boko Haram Emir, Shekau Insists He is Still In-charge The Middle East based Islamic State on Wednesday3rd August 2016 in an audio released […]