U.S. special operations forces gathered valuable intelligence on the Al-Qaeda affiliate in Yemen in a raid last month.
According to a senior U.S. official, speaking Tuesday, the valuable intelligence included data on explosives which the Al-Qaeda terrorist are manufacturing and types of they are developing.
President Donald Trump, in a speech to a joint session of Congress, sought to rebut the notion the raid didn’t yield valuable information assured to him by Defense Secretary James Mattis.
During the raid, an American and Chief Special Warfare Officer William “Ryan” Owens was among those killed.
Six American soldiers were also wounded and a military aircraft had to be destroyed after a hard landing. The assault took place days after Trump’s inauguration.
Trump in his speech and quoting Mattis noted that Ryan was a part of a highly successful raid that generated large amounts of vital intelligence that will lead to many more victories in the future against Al-Qaeda.
Among the range of gained intelligence includes information on Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula’s training techniques and targeting priorities.
The raid saw 14 Islamists militants and several civilians being killed.
- Who Is Qasim Al-Raymi? Head of Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, Target of Navy SEAL Raid US Yemen raid targeted leader of Al-Qaeda branch in Arabian Peninsula […]
- White House Mourns U.S. Commando Killed in Al-Qaeda Operation in Yemen White House mourned the death of a Commando who was killed in the line of duty in an […]
- Drone Bombardments Kills 4 Al-Qaeda Operatives in Yemen Two drone missiles hit a vehicle on the outskirts of the town of Mudiyah in Abyan […]
- U.S. Drone Strikes Kills 28 Al-Qaeda Operatives in Yemen Nine U.S. drone strikes hit Al-Qaeda hideouts in Yemen killing 28 of their […]
- U.S. Conducts Unprecedented 30 Airstrikes against AQAP in Yemen U.S. military in the last seven days have conducted more than 30 airstrikes against […]
- AQAP Asks Followers to Fighter Back at U.S Following Yemen Raid Al-Qaeda’s offshoot in Yemen has asked its followers to come out and fight back […]
- U.S. Intervene Militarily To Train African Forces On Combating Terror OSINT SUMMARY U.S. Commander for Special Operations Command Africa Brigadier […]
- U.S. Airstrikes Destroy Al Qaeda Training Camp in Yemen Killing Dozens Fighters YEMEN March 23, 2016 U.S. military launched air strike offensives in the […]