U.S military reports indicate that the country’s Special Forces deployed in eastern Syria the past weekend engaged Daesh in an operation killing at least 25 militants.
According to the U.S Department, the Sunday raid apparently hit a small town along the Euphrates River that targeted militant leaders.
The operation was initially reported by Deir Ezzor 24, which monitors militant activity in that area.
The air strikes targeting Daesh extremist leaders lasted for about 90 minutes and involved the Special Forces troops who had arrived in the country on helicopters.
According to the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human rights reported Monday that the US raid killed at least 25 Daesh operatives. The group also reported two terrorist leaders — Abu Sufiyan al-Omrani and Abu Huzaifa al-Orduni. They were killed in coalition airstrikes this weekend in Al-Raqqah, about 100 miles northwest of Deir Ezzor.
CENTCOM reported that there were a total of 34 strikes carried out in Syria and Iraq on Sunday alone.
- Turkish Jets Bombardments Destroy 15 ISIL Targets in Syria’s Al-Bab Turkish military jets continues to Bombard ISIL extremist targets in Syria as part of […]
- Majority of ISIL Terrorists Escape from Raqqa City to Eastern Syria Local sources in northeastern Syria report that about 75 percent of ISIL members have […]
- U.S. Special Operations Forces Capture An Islamic State Operative in Iraq MILITARY BRIEF PENTAGON: 3rd March 2016, U.S. Special Operations Forces captured […]
- US Says it Killed Abu Hani al-Masri, Veteran Al-Qaeda Leader in Syria US says it killed Abu Hani al-Masri, veteran Al-Qaeda leader in Syria. US has […]
- ISIS Leader Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi ‘Killed’ In US-Led Air Strike: Unverified Report Key Highlights Evil ISIS chief reportedly killed after coalition air […]
- Top ISIS Commander Dubbed ‘Minister Of War’ Killed In US Airstrikes In Syria OSINT Summary: Top ISIS Commander known as Abu Umar al-Shishani has succumbed […]
- Operation Inherent Resolve, Counter-ISIS Strikes Continue in Syria, Iraq U.S. and coalition military forces continues with offensive against the Islamist […]
- U.S Doubles Bounty Reward for Islamic State Leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi The U.S State Department’s Reward for Justice Program has doubled bounty reward […]