U.S. military continues pounding on Al-Qaeda’s network in Yemen. In the past weekend, U.S. conducted more than 20 airstrikes against the terrorists hideouts inflict heavy loss to the Islamist group.
According to U.S. military sources. U.S. has so far conducted more than 75 airstrikes in Yemen since the beginning of 2017. This is nearly double the yearly total since the drone raid program against Al-Qaeda in Yemen began in 2009.
Under Trump administration, U.S. has conducted large number of airstrikes in Yemen over a short period. U.S. military considers AQAP as one of the most dangerous terrorist networks determine to conduct attacks on U.S. and its interests.
Over the previous five years, the US military averaged just two to three strikes against AQAP a month targeting senior commanders of the group.
The precision air raids have killed several commanders alongside other fighter and terrorists’ infrastructure, fighting positions and equipment have hugely been destroyed.
Pentagon spokesman Capt. Jeff Davis, U.S. will continue to engage in Shabwa province, a known hotbed for AQAP in Yemen especially using unmanned aerial vehicles (drones) in the interest of disrupting a terror organization that presents a very significant threat to the United States and interests.
Pentagon spokesman noted that the U.S. military has launched “some 50 airstrikes” between February 28 and the end of last week, and an additional 20 strikes over the weekend.
- U.S. Conducts Unprecedented 30 Airstrikes against AQAP in Yemen U.S. military in the last seven days have conducted more than 30 airstrikes against […]
- U.S. Drone Strikes Kill 7 Al-Qaeda Operatives in Yemen Washington has intensified air sorties against jihadist groups since President Donald […]
- U.S. Drone Strike Kills Al-Abi, a Senior Al-Qaeda Leader in Central Yemen An Al-Qaeda terrorist was killed in a U.S. drone strike in central Yemen according to […]
- U.S. Drone Strikes Kills 28 Al-Qaeda Operatives in Yemen Nine U.S. drone strikes hit Al-Qaeda hideouts in Yemen killing 28 of their […]
- U.S. Military Confirms 3 Airstrikes Killed 13 Al Qaeda Terrorists in Yemen OSINT SUMMARY U.S. in a statement issued from the Central command on Tuesday […]
- US Airstrikes Kill 5 AQAP Operatives in Al-Baydah, Yemen Latest military reports and referenced by open sources indicate that US military […]
- White House Mourns U.S. Commando Killed in Al-Qaeda Operation in Yemen White House mourned the death of a Commando who was killed in the line of duty in an […]
- President Donald Trump Boosts U.S Military Authority for Somalia Fighting Islamist Insurgents President Donald Trump boosted U.S military authority to scale-up operations in the […]