U.S Military Confirms 250 Al-Qaeda Operatives Killed or Captured in Afghanistan in 2016
U.S military has confirmed that its counter-terrorism forces has killed or captured 250 Al-Qaeda operatives in 2016 alone.
According to U.S military officials, 50 top Al-Qaeda commanders have been eliminated in the battlefield and 200 other jihadists including those in the Indian Subcontinent (AQIS), which is the newest regional branch of Ayman al Zawahiri’s global network have been taken off.
The figures were first announced by General John W. Nicholson Jr., the commander of NATO’s Resolute Support and US Forces Afghanistan, during a briefing on Dec. 2.
Credible security sources including FDD’s Long War Journal have previously reported that the number of Al-Qaeda top figures in Afghanistan as too low.
U.S military forces continues to target and neutralize top Al-Qaeda leadership in Afghanistan and also in Indian Subcontinent (AQIS) as well as Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP)
Al-Qaeda branch in Somalia (Al-Shabaab) top figures have also been killed in U.S drone strikes including Ahmed Godane, the co-founder of Al-Shabaab.
- U.S. Drone Strike Kills Al-Abi, a Senior Al-Qaeda Leader in Central Yemen An Al-Qaeda terrorist was killed in a U.S. drone strike in central Yemen according to […]
- Suspected U.S. Drone Strikes Kill 12 Islamist Militants Including Top Leader in Yemen OSINT SUMMARY 4th February 2016, two suspected U.S. drone strikes have killed 12 […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- U.S. Military Confirms 3 Airstrikes Killed 13 Al Qaeda Terrorists in Yemen OSINT SUMMARY U.S. in a statement issued from the Central command on Tuesday […]
- U.S. Drone Strikes Kills 28 Al-Qaeda Operatives in Yemen Nine U.S. drone strikes hit Al-Qaeda hideouts in Yemen killing 28 of their […]
- NATO Troops & Afghan Air Force Destroy ISIL’s Afghan Radio Station, 46 Militants Killed EVENT SUMMARY 3rd February 2016, Recent military reports from Afghan’s Defence […]
- U.S. Airstrike in Syria Kills Abu Ayyub al-Masri, a Senior Al-Qaeda Leader Pentagon Press Secretary Peter Cook, Tuesday 22nd November 2016 confirmed that U.S. […]
- SNA & AMISOM Forces Kill 8 Al-Shabaab Militants in Bud-bud, Central Somalia OSINT SUMMARY At least 8 Al-Shabaab militants were killed by SNA backed by […]