U.S.-led coalition on Sunday 14th August 2016 conducted airstrikes targeting Daesh (ISIL) positions in northern Iraqi city of Mosul.
According to military source, at least 14 Daesh militants were killed in the air raids that were meant to support Iraqi Kurdish Peshmerga Forces who were advancing in bid to retake Mosul.
The Sunday joint assaults saw 11 villages being captured southeast of Mosul which was overran by Daesh terrorist group in 2014.
According to Iraqi army Colonel Ahmed al-Jabouri, the forces is currently preparing to launch a major offensive to retake Mosul, Iraqi’s second largest city from the Daesh terrorist group.
Supported by U.S.-led airstrikes, Iraqi forces have managed to retake most of the territory seized by Daesh since 2014 though the terrorist group still controls several parts in the country.
- Iraq Forces Launch Anti-Daesh Offensive in Eastern Iraq Iraqi forces on Monday launched a military offensive against Daesh (ISIS) terrorist […]
- U.S.-led Coalition Warplanes Airstrikes Disable 5th Bridge in ISIL-held Mosul U.S.-led coalition warplanes on Tuesday struck a bridge in ISIL-held […]
- Airstrike Kills Abu Hamza al-Muhajir, Third in Command Daesh Leader in Mosul Daesh terrorist group has suffered yet another blow after its third in command was […]
- Iraqi Army Offensive Kill 37 Daesh Terrorists, 14 Bomb-laden Vehicles Destroyed in Mosul Iraqi army continues to register successes against Daesh terrorist in Iraq’s […]
- U.S.-led Coalition Kill Key Islamic State Leader in Airstrike PENTAGON, May 10, 2016 Pentagon on Monday confirmed a U.S.-led coalition […]
- ISIS Leader Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi ‘Killed’ In US-Led Air Strike: Unverified Report Key Highlights Evil ISIS chief reportedly killed after coalition air […]
- US-Led Coalition Strikes Destroy ISIS Drone Facility near Raqqa US-led coalition in Iraqi and Syria conducted 24 strikes consisting of 67 engagements […]
- Battle to Oust Islamic State Takfiris from Iraq’s Mosul Gathers Momentum The battle to oust Islamic State Takfiris and free Iraqi’s second largest city […]