U.S. has extended its decision on permanently lifting economic sanction against Sudan by three months.
The State Department on Tuesday announced the decision though acknowledged significant progress made by Sudanese government. U.S. however said its need more time to establish its concerns it has not fully addressed.
U.S. said it will revoke the sanctions if the (government of Sudan) is assessed to have sustained progress in these areas at the end of the extended review period,” the State Department said.
On Tuesday, Sudan said that it complied with all U.S. demands for lifting the sanctions imposed since 1997 for its alleged support of terrorism.
Former U.S. President Barack Obama temporarily lifted sanctions for six months in January last year, suspending a trade embargo, unfreezing assets and removing financial sanctions.
U.S. demands include resolving internal military conflicts in areas such as war-torn Darfur, cooperating on counter-terrorism and improving access to humanitarian aid.
- U.S. Extends Sanctions against Sudan U.S. has extended sanctions against Sudan with another year saying Khartoum policies […]
- National Intelligence Service (NIS) Tasked to Preempt Corruption’s Threat to National Security of Kenya The President of the Republic of Kenya Uhuru Kenyatta issued a statement on Monday 23rd […]
- Joint Offensive; Russia, UK and US Troops Arrive in Libya OSINT SUMMARY 25th January 2016, a joint U.S, UK and Russian war offensive is […]
- Joseph Kony, LRA Slapped With Asset Freeze By The US Treasury Department Highlights: The United States government on March 9, 2016 announced […]
- North Korea Fires Ballistic Missiles, U.S. Terms the Move ‘Provocative’ NORTH KOREA, March 18, 2016 United States has raised a red flag over North […]
- U.S. Accuse South Sudan Govt of Aiding Armed Opposition in Khartoum U.S. has accused South Sudan’s government of continuous harbouring and aiding […]
- US President Barack Obama accused of politicizing fight against Boko Haram Nigeria has accused the United States government for politicizing the fight against Boko […]
- Tribal Clashes Escalates in Darfur South Sudan, 16 Killed & 9 Injured EVENT SUMMARY DARFUR, South Sudan: Fresh Tribal clashes that erupted on Sunday 21st […]