Nine U.S. drone strikes hit Al-Qaeda hideouts in Yemen killing 28 of their operatives, U.S. military announced in a statement Thursday
According to U.S. Central Command the drone strikes were conducted between Sept. 23 and Dec. 13 but did not provide the names of suspected terrorists.
The strikes hit across Yemen, including in the Shabwah, Hadramawt and Baydah governorates.
“Strikes against AQAP [al-Qaeda in Arabian Peninsula] in Yemen pressure the terrorist network and hinder their ability to attack the U.S. and our allies,” Maj. Josh T. Jacques, a Central Command spokesman, said in a statement.
The U.S. considers AQAP a foreign terrorist organization with a history of attacks against western countries, including the 2009 Christmas Day attempted bombing of a commercial airliner in the U.S. and the 2015 deadly attacks at the Charlie Hebdo magazine in Paris.
- U.S. Drone Strike Kills Al-Abi, a Senior Al-Qaeda Leader in Central Yemen An Al-Qaeda terrorist was killed in a U.S. drone strike in central Yemen according to […]
- U.S Military Confirms 250 Al-Qaeda Operatives Killed or Captured in Afghanistan in 2016 U.S military has confirmed that its counter-terrorism forces has killed or captured […]
- U.S. Military Confirms 3 Airstrikes Killed 13 Al Qaeda Terrorists in Yemen OSINT SUMMARY U.S. in a statement issued from the Central command on Tuesday […]
- Who Is Qasim Al-Raymi? Head of Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, Target of Navy SEAL Raid US Yemen raid targeted leader of Al-Qaeda branch in Arabian Peninsula […]
- Suspected U.S. Drone Strikes Kill 12 Islamist Militants Including Top Leader in Yemen OSINT SUMMARY 4th February 2016, two suspected U.S. drone strikes have killed 12 […]
- Terrorists Tashfeen Malik and Syed Farook Behind California Terror Terrorists Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik have been identified as the […]
- Arwa Baghdadi, a Saudi Woman who Joined Al-Qaeda Killed in Yemen The Saudi woman who fled to Yemen last year to join al-Qaeda has been killed in a US […]
- US Airstrikes Kill 5 AQAP Operatives in Al-Baydah, Yemen Latest military reports and referenced by open sources indicate that US military […]