U.S. Drone Strikes Kills 28 Al-Qaeda Operatives in Yemen
Nine U.S. drone strikes hit Al-Qaeda hideouts in Yemen killing 28 of their operatives, U.S. military announced in a statement Thursday
According to U.S. Central Command the drone strikes were conducted between Sept. 23 and Dec. 13 but did not provide the names of suspected terrorists.
The strikes hit across Yemen, including in the Shabwah, Hadramawt and Baydah governorates.
“Strikes against AQAP [al-Qaeda in Arabian Peninsula] in Yemen pressure the terrorist network and hinder their ability to attack the U.S. and our allies,” Maj. Josh T. Jacques, a Central Command spokesman, said in a statement.
The U.S. considers AQAP a foreign terrorist organization with a history of attacks against western countries, including the 2009 Christmas Day attempted bombing of a commercial airliner in the U.S. and the 2015 deadly attacks at the Charlie Hebdo magazine in Paris.
- U.S. Drone Strike Kills Al-Abi, a Senior Al-Qaeda Leader in Central Yemen An Al-Qaeda terrorist was killed in a U.S. drone strike in central Yemen according to […]
- U.S Military Confirms 250 Al-Qaeda Operatives Killed or Captured in Afghanistan in 2016 U.S military has confirmed that its counter-terrorism forces has killed or captured […]
- U.S. Military Confirms 3 Airstrikes Killed 13 Al Qaeda Terrorists in Yemen OSINT SUMMARY U.S. in a statement issued from the Central command on Tuesday […]
- Suspected U.S. Drone Strikes Kill 12 Islamist Militants Including Top Leader in Yemen OSINT SUMMARY 4th February 2016, two suspected U.S. drone strikes have killed 12 […]
- Terrorists Tashfeen Malik and Syed Farook Behind California Terror Terrorists Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik have been identified as the […]
- U.S. Airstrikes Destroy Al Qaeda Training Camp in Yemen Killing Dozens Fighters YEMEN March 23, 2016 U.S. military launched air strike offensives in the […]
- SNA & AMISOM Forces Kill 8 Al-Shabaab Militants in Bud-bud, Central Somalia OSINT SUMMARY At least 8 Al-Shabaab militants were killed by SNA backed by […]
- NATO Troops & Afghan Air Force Destroy ISIL’s Afghan Radio Station, 46 Militants Killed EVENT SUMMARY 3rd February 2016, Recent military reports from Afghan’s Defence […]