Washington has intensified air sorties against jihadist groups since President Donald Trump took office in January.
In Yemen, U.S. military intervention has so far left several Al-Qaeda fighters killed while others are fleeing.
Latest two strikes carried out overnight by U.S drones reportedly killed seven Al-Qaeda operatives in different locations in Yemen.
One strike hit a vehicle in the southern province of Shabwa and killed two Al-Qaeda fighters another drone raid hit a car in Marib province, east of the rebel- held capital Sanaa, killing five Al-Qaeda figures.
Both Shabwa and Marib provinces are largely held by Saudi-backed government forces but Al-Qaeda has taken advantage of fighting between them and the rebels to step up its presence.
Pentagon on April 3 said that it military operations carried out more than 70 strikes against Al-Qaeda targets in Yemen.
U.S. regards Al-Qaeda’s Yemen-based branch as dangerous and accuses it of plotting multiple attacks against the West.
- U.S Drone Strike Kills Al-Qaeda Operatives in Yemen Pentagon has confirmed it U.S. has conducted more than 70 air strikes on […]
- U.S. Military Pound AQAP with More than 20 Airstrikes in Yemen U.S. military continues pounding on Al-Qaeda’s network in Yemen. In the past […]
- U.S. Drone Strike Kills Al-Abi, a Senior Al-Qaeda Leader in Central Yemen An Al-Qaeda terrorist was killed in a U.S. drone strike in central Yemen according to […]
- Drone Bombardments Kills 4 Al-Qaeda Operatives in Yemen Two drone missiles hit a vehicle on the outskirts of the town of Mudiyah in Abyan […]
- U.S. Special Forces Kill 7 Al-Qaeda Operatives in Central Yemen in Raid American Special Operations forces conducted a new ground raid against Al-Qaeda’s Yemen […]
- White House Mourns U.S. Commando Killed in Al-Qaeda Operation in Yemen White House mourned the death of a Commando who was killed in the line of duty in an […]
- U.S. Special Operations in Yemen Yields Data on Al-Qaeda Explosives U.S. special operations forces gathered valuable intelligence on the Al-Qaeda […]
- U.S. President Donald Trump Gives CIA Power to Conduct Drone Strikes U.S. President Donald Trump’s administration has given CIA new powers to […]