Afghan military reports indicate that more than two dozen Islamic State terrorists were killed in the latest U.S. Drone strikes in the troubled eastern province of Nangarhar, Afghanistan.
According to the spokesman for Nangarhar provincial governor Attaullah Khogyani, the aerial assaults took place in Achin district of the province killing 25 fighters of Islamic State Takfiri militant group. Achin is some 120 kilometers (74 miles) east of Afhan’s capital, Kabul.
Attaullah Khogyani, the spokesman for Nangarhar provincial governor, said the aerial assaults took place in the Achin district of the province, which is located 120 kilometers (74 miles) east of the Afghan capital, Kabul.
Khogyani also said that a considerable amount of weapons and ammunitions were destroyed during the raids.
Corresponding reports by spokesman for the Nangarhar provincial police department Colonel Hazrat Hussain Mashriqiwal confirmed that over two dozen Islamic State militants were killed in a US drone attack in Achin district on February 18.
On February 3, at least 18 militants were killed when U.S.-led foreign forces carried out a string of drone strikes in Afghanistan’s southeastern province of Paktika.
The United States frequently uses drones to conduct airstrikes and spying missions in Afghanistan and in Pakistan’s northwestern tribal belt close to the Afghan border.
- U.S.-led Coalition 30 Strikes Targets Islamic State Hideouts in Syria & Iraq EVENT SUMMARY Latest military reports from Middle East indicate that Daesh/Islamic […]
- US Drone Strike Kills Dozens Taliban Militants in Afghanistan At least five militants militants linked to Taliban were on Saturday night killed by US […]
- Suspected U.S. Drone Strikes Kill 12 Islamist Militants Including Top Leader in Yemen OSINT SUMMARY 4th February 2016, two suspected U.S. drone strikes have killed 12 […]
- Egyptian Warplanes Bombardment Kill 22 Militants in Restive Sinai Peninsula OSINT SUMMARY March 2, 2016, Military source in Egypt has said that nearly two dozen […]
- U.S. Director of National Intelligence James Clapper Says Homegrown Extremists Tops Terrorist Threat List KEY HIGHLIGHTS U.S. Director of National Intelligence (DNI) James Clapper has […]
- New U.S. Drone Strike Kills 40 Daesh Takfiris in Eastern Afghanistan OSINT SUMMARY, April 15, 2016 New U.S. drone strike has left more than 40 […]
- U.S. Intervene Militarily To Train African Forces On Combating Terror OSINT SUMMARY U.S. Commander for Special Operations Command Africa Brigadier […]
- U.S. Special Operations Forces Capture An Islamic State Operative in Iraq MILITARY BRIEF PENTAGON: 3rd March 2016, U.S. Special Operations Forces captured […]