U.S. is deploying an additional 400 troops for anti-ISIS terrorists’ offensive in Raqqa Syria. Raqqa is a self-proclaimed bastion capital in Syria.
According to U.S. Colonel John Dorrian, the 400 troops will be temporary. The colonel confirming the deployment noted that the long-term authorized level of U.S. troops in Syria would remain at 500.
ISIS jihadists are facing simultaneous offensives in northern Syria by government forces and Turkish backed rebel and a U.S.-led coalition of Kurdish and Arab fighters.
The additional US troops include a Marines artillery unit being deployed with 155mm howitzers in support of the Raqqa offensive. Also deployed includes U.S. special operations troops equipped with Stryker armored vehicles.
U.S. special operations forces have been inside Syria since 2015, advising and training the Kurdish-Arab fighters, who are grouped under the umbrella of the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF).
The additional troops deployment comes amid calls by U.S. President Donald Trump for new plans to accelerate the pace of the war against the Islamic State group.
- Sudan Reacts to Trump’s Restrictive Immigration Executive Order Sudan has strongly reacted to Trump’s restrictive immigration executive order. […]
- U.S. President Donald Trump Gives CIA Power to Conduct Drone Strikes U.S. President Donald Trump’s administration has given CIA new powers to […]
- Turki Mubarak Abdullah Ahmad al-Binali ISIS Chief Cleric & Al-Baghdadi Confidant, Killed in US-led Coalition Raid Pentagon has confirmed the death of ISIS’ Chief cleric Turki Mubarak Abdullah Ahmad […]
- ISIS Suicide Bomber Blows Himself Up In Syria A suicide bomber linked to ISIS blew himself up just a few yards from a group of […]
- US-Backed Syrian Alliance Eyes Raqqa after Taking ISIS-held Military Airport A US-backed Syrian alliance made of Kurdish and Arab fighters took a military a […]
- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres Calls for Lifting US Travel Ban UN Chief, Antonio Guterres on Wednesday called US to lift ban on travelers from the […]
- ISIS Leader Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi ‘Killed’ In US-Led Air Strike: Unverified Report Key Highlights Evil ISIS chief reportedly killed after coalition air […]
- US-Led Coalition Strikes Destroy ISIS Drone Facility near Raqqa US-led coalition in Iraqi and Syria conducted 24 strikes consisting of 67 engagements […]