Two Somali pirates have been sentenced to life in prison while the third has been jailed for 33 years because of his cooperation with prosecutors.
The Virginian District Judge Raymond issued life sentences to the two over piracy after the federal appeals court in Virginia ruled last year that he had erred when he sentenced the five men convinced in the case to terms ranging from 30 to 42 years.
The pirates reportedly attacked U.S. Navy ship in 2010 they mistook for a cargo vessel in Gulf Aden waters.
The Navy sailors returned fire killing one pirate and capture the rest.
- 12 Somali Nationals Sentenced to 5 Years in Prison for Piracy OSINT SUMMARY On Thursday 11th August 2016, twelve Somali nationals were to […]
- Somali Piracy Kingpin Known As Afwayne Sentenced To 20 Years In Prison For Hijacking Belgian Ship, Pompei Highlights: Former Somali piracy kingpin was sentenced to 20 years in prison […]
- 7 Somali Pirates Facing Charges For 2011 Hijacking Of A French-Owned Catamaran In Gulf Of Aden March 29, 2016: 7 suspected Somali pirates are expected to go on trial in France in […]
- U.S. Court Convicts Two Women for Financing Al-Shabaab Terrorist Group A U.S. court on Tuesday convicted two women for financing the Somali based Al-Shabaab […]
- Counter-Piracy Operation Atalanta Off Somali’s Coast Conduct Joint Training Operation Event Highlights: The week ending 8th January was marked by huge milestones for the […]
- 3 Somali-Americans Sentenced for Plotting to Join ISIS in Syria A U.S. judge in Minnesota has sentenced three Somali-American found guilty of […]
- 5 Sentenced to Life Imprisonment, 2 Receive 50 Years in Jail over 2010 Kampala Bombings 2010 Kampala Bombings Terrorists Face Justice Uganda High Court on Tuesday […]
- Six Al-Shabaab Members Sentenced By A Somali Military Court EVENT SUMMARY Thursday 25th February 2016, Latest military reports from Somalia […]