Two Somali pirates have been sentenced to life in prison while the third has been jailed for 33 years because of his cooperation with prosecutors.
The Virginian District Judge Raymond issued life sentences to the two over piracy after the federal appeals court in Virginia ruled last year that he had erred when he sentenced the five men convinced in the case to terms ranging from 30 to 42 years.
The pirates reportedly attacked U.S. Navy ship in 2010 they mistook for a cargo vessel in Gulf Aden waters.
The Navy sailors returned fire killing one pirate and capture the rest.
- 12 Somali Nationals Sentenced to 5 Years in Prison for Piracy OSINT SUMMARY On Thursday 11th August 2016, twelve Somali nationals were to […]
- Somali Piracy Kingpin Known As Afwayne Sentenced To 20 Years In Prison For Hijacking Belgian Ship, Pompei Highlights: Former Somali piracy kingpin was sentenced to 20 years in prison […]
- 7 Somali Pirates Facing Charges For 2011 Hijacking Of A French-Owned Catamaran In Gulf Of Aden March 29, 2016: 7 suspected Somali pirates are expected to go on trial in France in […]
- U.S. Court Convicts Two Women for Financing Al-Shabaab Terrorist Group A U.S. court on Tuesday convicted two women for financing the Somali based Al-Shabaab […]
- Somali Security Forces Take Over Boat Seized by Pirates Somali security forces managed to take over boat that had been seized by Somali […]
- EU Naval Force Warships Joins Fresh Counter Piracy Patrols Off Somalia In the past week, EU warships have joined fresh counter piracy off the coast of […]
- Somali Pirates Release Oil Tanker & Crew after a Week in Captivity Latest reports from Somali’s semi-autonomous state of Puntland indicate that […]
- Counter-Piracy Operation Atalanta Off Somali’s Coast Conduct Joint Training Operation Event Highlights: The week ending 8th January was marked by huge milestones for the […]