U.S. military in the last seven days have conducted more than 30 airstrikes against the Al-Qaeda branch in Yemen.
The unprecedented number of strikes have been conducted in separate provinces; an indication of a renewed war on Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula.
The strikes which have been intelligence led have seen dozens of AQAP fighters killed including some senior figures of the terror group.
Confirming on the air raids, Department of Defense announced the airstrikes against Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula in a statement attributed to Pentagon spokesman Captain Jeff Davis.
According to the statement, more than 30 strikes in Yemen hit militants, equipment and infrastructure in the governorates of Abyan, Al Bayda and Shabwah, thus inflicting heavy losses on the terrorist group.
Davis described the Yemeni government as “a valuable counterterrorism partner” in the war against AQAP saying this collaboration will continue until the enemy is eliminated.
- U.S. Military Confirms 3 Airstrikes Killed 13 Al Qaeda Terrorists in Yemen OSINT SUMMARY U.S. in a statement issued from the Central command on Tuesday […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- US Airstrikes Kill 5 AQAP Operatives in Al-Baydah, Yemen Latest military reports and referenced by open sources indicate that US military […]
- Who Is Qasim Al-Raymi? Head of Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, Target of Navy SEAL Raid US Yemen raid targeted leader of Al-Qaeda branch in Arabian Peninsula […]
- U.S. Airstrikes Destroy Al Qaeda Training Camp in Yemen Killing Dozens Fighters YEMEN March 23, 2016 U.S. military launched air strike offensives in the […]
- U.S. Drone Strikes Kills 28 Al-Qaeda Operatives in Yemen Nine U.S. drone strikes hit Al-Qaeda hideouts in Yemen killing 28 of their […]
- U.S. Drone Strike Kills Al-Abi, a Senior Al-Qaeda Leader in Central Yemen An Al-Qaeda terrorist was killed in a U.S. drone strike in central Yemen according to […]
- AQAP Asks Followers to Fighter Back at U.S Following Yemen Raid Al-Qaeda’s offshoot in Yemen has asked its followers to come out and fight back […]