United States has called on Uzbekistan to join multinational coalition fighting the Islamic State militant group.
Uzbekistan has proved to be an important NATO ally assisting in the war against the Taliban movement in the neighbouring Afghanistan.
August 27, 2015, while addressing the reporters, U.S. deputy assistant secretary of state for Central Asia Daniel Rosenblum, extended the invitation to Uzbekistan during his visit to Tashkent.
Rosenblum urged Uzbekistan to contribute in whatever way they feel citing that the war against Islamic State involves not only a military component but intelligence gathering and efforts to stop the flow of financing to the militant group.
Uzbekistan is mainly a Muslim nation with a population of 31 million people. The country has been a strategic NATO partner assisting in the war against the Taliban movement waging it campaigns in neighbouring Afghanistan.
Rosenblum noted the importance of strengthening their close ties and better sharing information between the security establishments of the two countries.
He lauded Uzbekistan f progress in eliminating child labor in cotton fields – a practice for which Uzbekistan had strongly been criticized.
He said that more needs to be done to eliminate involuntary adult labor in cotton production, which along with gold production is an important part of Uzbekistan’s economy.
The country need also to do more in the fight against terrorism citing Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan (IMU) pledged allegiance to the Islamic State leader in the beginning of august.
- Special Report: U.S. Launches Secret Drone Campaigns Against Islamic State Targets in Syria KEY HIGHLIGHTS US Special Forces and CIA have launched secret drone offensives in […]
- Two Terrorists Linked To Islamic State Gunned Down by Egyptian Police in Cairo EVENT SUMMARY Two terrorists were on Wednesday 3rd February 2016 gunned down in a […]
- Afghan Security Forces Launches Major Offensive against Taliban Militants, 9 Arrested in Kandahar Key Highlights Afghan security forces launched a major offensive and arrested at […]
- Islamic State Massive Defection to Other Jihadist Groups Due to Poor Pay Breaking OSINT reports indicate that hundreds of militants linked to Daesh (Islamic […]
- Turkish Warplanes Join US-Led Coalition Aerial Strikes Against Islamic State KEY HIGHLIGHTS On Friday 28th August 2015, Turkish fighter jets began attacking […]
- Asymmetric War, Niger Army Operations Against Boko Haram DIFFA, Niger, March 10, 016 The national guard of Niger continues with patrols […]
- Resume Peace Talks, Afghanistan and Taliban Urged Highlights Pakistan and the US-led western backers of Afghanistan have called on […]
- Islamic State Media Director Surrenders to Iraqi Security Forces OSINT SUMMARY 17th February 2016, Latest OSINT reports indicate that a media […]