Libya’s unity government has received Western support against arms embargo.
The country which has been facing UN arms embargo since the revolt against the regime of Muammar Gaddafi in 2011 has got support from world powers including the United States.
Once the arms embargo is lifted, the country will be able purchase arms to improve the country’s security that is being threatened by Islamic State insurgents.
On Monday 16th May 2016, Western and regional ministers met for discussion on providing support to the embattled Libya’s newly formed unity government in Vienna.
On its part Libya expressed readiness to meet the demands of the new government’s mandate to arm it forces to fight against terrorism which already has set foothold in the country.
After the talks, a final communiqué put together by internal community present agreed to fully support the efforts of the Libyan new administration and will request the lifting of arms embargo so as to give the Libyan government another chance to train and equip presidential guards and the country’s authorized forces.
The communiqué was signed by twenty-five regional delegations present including the United States, Russia, Saudi Arabia, China, Egypt, Tunisia, France, the UK, Germany and Italy.
- U.S. Intervene Militarily To Train African Forces On Combating Terror OSINT SUMMARY U.S. Commander for Special Operations Command Africa Brigadier […]
- U.S. Military Ready to Train, Support and Arm Mission in Libya OSINT SUMMARY U.S. military has said it’s prepared to train, support […]
- Obama Announces Deployment of 250 U.S. Special Forces To Syria HANNOVER GERMANY, April 26, 2016 U.S. President Barack Obama announced […]
- Tunisia Completes 200km Security Wall At Libyan Border To Shun ISIS Terrorists Highlights: Tunisia has confirmed then completion of the first phase of a 200km (125 […]
- U.S. Conducts its First Airstrike on ISIS in Libya on Request of UN-backed Unity Government The United States (U.S.) carried out its first airstrike targeting the Islamic State […]
- French warplanes kill 16 militants in Libya’s Benghazi Libyan officials said on Thursday that French warplanes have bombed sites just outside […]
- ISIS Fighters Fleeing Libya Into The Sahel Region For Fear Of Western Airstrikes OSINT Summary: February 16, 2016: Groups of Islamic State fighter have been reported […]
- Islamic State Senior Commander Arrested in Northwestern Libya OSINT SUMMARY Friday 26th February 2016, a senior Islamic State commander […]