U.S. has accused South Sudan’s government of continuous harbouring and aiding armed opposition groups in neighbouring
South Sudan's government is continuing to harbour and aid armed groups active in neighbouring Sudan, the United States has said.
U.S. such assistance as placing South Sudan in violation of United Nations Security Council resolution as well as numerous agreements between Khartoum and Juba.
South Sudan has been aiding Sudanese armed rebels which in itself violates the internal peace agreement signed by South Sudan’s president, Salva Kiir.
Through a statement by Department of State, U.S. called on South Sudan to ensure Sudanese armed opposition groups are not harboured to conduct their armed operation with South Sudan or across their border with Sudan.
U.S. State Department last month said that it welcomes Sudan's recent efforts to increase counterterrorism cooperation with the United States.
- U.S. Calls UN Arms Embargo against South Sudan, Russia Opposes the Move U.S. on Thursday 17th November 2016 launched a bid at UN Security Council to impose […]
- South Sudan Rejects UN Deployment of Regional Troops in Juba JUBA, August 11, 2016 The situation in South Sudan remains shaky after the […]
- U.S to Send Delegation in South Sudan to Assess Dialogue Process U.S President Donald Trump’s administration will send a delegation to Juba this […]
- Relieve for South Sudan as UN Security Council Rejects U.S-Arms Embargo Request UN Security Council (UNSC) rejected a U.S-drafted resolution on imposing an arms […]
- South Sudan President Kiir Says No Decision Reached on UNSC Force Deployment OSINT SUMMARY South Sudan’s President Salva Kiir has said that no […]
- Fresh Fighting Erupts in South Sudan, over 50 Killed in Clash near Malakal Fresh fighting has been report in South Sudan between government forces and […]
- Russia Oppose Calls for Arms Ban on South Sudan by UNSC Russia on Tuesday 11th October 2016 said it was opposed to the calls to impose ban […]
- South Sudanese Rival Factions Clash in Bieh State February 16, 2017 Fresh clashes erupted between South Sudanese rival factions in the […]