Monday 26th January 2016, Police at JKIA in Nairobi arrested two Vietnamese nationals and a Chinese in possession of ivory and a lion tooth all valued at Sh.100, 000.
The assailants were from Kinshasa, DRC Congo and wanted to travel to China through JKIA when they were arrested.
Police report indicate the two Vietinamese nationals were in possession of bangles made of rhino horn valued at Sh. 80,000 while the Chinese had a necklace made from lion tooth valued at Sh. 20,000.
According to Airport CID boss Joseph Ngisa, the foreigners will be charged as it is outlawed in Kenya to have a body part of wild animals or items made made from their parts.
Kenya ‘s President Uhuru Kenyatta Tuesday 26th January 2016, signed a deal with U.S. aimed at curbing wildlife poaching and illegal logging.
- 2 Kenya Police Officers Arrested Smuggling Ivory Two Kenyan police officers were arrested while smuggling ivory, intelligence sources […]
- Wildlife Drones in Kenya for Anti-Poaching, The Aerial Ranger The 90,000 acre Ol-Pojeta conservancy has acquired a license to use aerial drones to […]
- Kenya Wildlife Service; Caretakers of The Country’s Flora and Fauna’s The Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) is a state corporation established in 1990 with the […]
- Vietnam Customs Seize One-tonne Illegal Ivory Haul from Kenya Vietnam customs officials reportedly seized nearly one-tonne of illegal ivory haul […]
- Interpol Issues Arrest Warrant for Samuel Jefwa & Nicholas Jefwa Linked to Sh579 Million Illegal Ivory Haul Interpol has issued an international arrest warrant for two suspects linked with […]
- National Intelligence Service (NIS) Tasked to Preempt Corruption’s Threat to National Security of Kenya The President of the Republic of Kenya Uhuru Kenyatta issued a statement on Monday 23rd […]
- Chinese National with Ivory Worth Sh300,000 Arrested at JKIA ILLEGAL IVORY TRAFFICKING A Chinese man was on Monday arrested at JKIA, […]
- Kenya and China Signs Security Deal Kenya inked the security deal with China. The deal will see Police units in Kenya […]