Two Guinean UN Peacekeepers Killed in Attack in Northern Mali
BAMAKO, 12th February 2016 Two Guinean peacekeepers were killed in the Friday morning attack.
The two peacekeepers were under the UN peacekeeping missions in Mali (MINUSMA).
The attacks believed to have been orchestrated by Boko Haram terrorists also left aleast 30 other peacekeepers wounded.
The Friday morning attack was targeting MINUSMA base in Northern Mali town of Kidal.
Security sources reported that the attack began on Friday at 6:55 a.m. local time when rockets were launched on the UN forces camp.
Boko Haram Takfiri militant group pledged allegiance to the Islamic State in 2014 and has been waging campaigns in the home base of Nigeria, but in the past one year it has expanded its attacks in the neighbouring countries including Benin, Niger, Mali, Chad and Cameroon.
A Joint Task Force of 8,700 soldiers has been formed by the five countries affected to counter Boko Haram insurgents.
Germany is currently leading the European mission that is training the Malian army and Berlin is soon expected to send 650 additional soldiers to the UN Mission in Mali.
- Asymmetric War, Niger Army Operations Against Boko Haram DIFFA, Niger, March 10, 016 The national guard of Niger continues with patrols […]
- U.S. Intervene Militarily To Train African Forces On Combating Terror OSINT SUMMARY U.S. Commander for Special Operations Command Africa Brigadier […]
- Egyptian Warplanes Bombardment Kill 22 Militants in Restive Sinai Peninsula OSINT SUMMARY March 2, 2016, Military source in Egypt has said that nearly two dozen […]
- U.S. Director of National Intelligence James Clapper Says Homegrown Extremists Tops Terrorist Threat List KEY HIGHLIGHTS U.S. Director of National Intelligence (DNI) James Clapper has […]
- Nigeria, Cameroon Joint Operations Leave 23 Boko Haram Terrorists Killed, 150 Captives Rescued OSINT SUMMARY Wednesday 24th February 2016, 23 Boko Haram terrorists were killed in a […]
- U.S.-led Coalition 30 Strikes Targets Islamic State Hideouts in Syria & Iraq EVENT SUMMARY Latest military reports from Middle East indicate that Daesh/Islamic […]
- Boko Haram Terrorist Group seen Weakening in Cameroon Boko Haram has drastically scaled down attacks in Cameroon in the recent months, […]
- Nigeria-Based Boko Haram Bombings Surge Hits Neighbouring Cameroon EVENT SUMMARY The Nigeria based Boko Haram terrorist group has over the past few […]